Star citizen First true next gen game?

Starbird

Sep 30, 2012
Diesel- said:
Do you think it is first true next generation game releasing? i think yes i mean look at scale, graphics, immersion. game is using cryengine 4 and graphically will blow everything. Space Sim on ship and FPS on Ground. it looks very interesting from what i have seen so far. it seem like one hell of the game. i have seen people talk about destiny, uncharted 5 for next gen. but i think this is real next gen game.

what do you think my friends?
It looks amazing.

The last time something looked this amazing...it was Hellgate: London.

That says a lot.

I love the look of Star Citizen, but it feels to me that the devs are biting off far more than they can chew in terms of packing so much into one game. Apparently it's also going to have microtransactions out the wazoo - but I've yet to see serious confirmation of that.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Well, it's a PC exclusive so, it terms of hardware involved, it can't have a label of next-gen. Unless you're using the term next-gen to describe the next level of possibilities that is above what current games tend to deliver regardless of the system they're built for.
Because Star Citizen will be very revolutionary. It will be a major leap in terms of what video games can deliver as an entertainment medium. There is nothing similar in depth and scope that current games on any platform aim to deliver. Look at the hollow Destiny with its $500 million budget. It's a watered down Borderlands. And that's what most AAA studios aim for. There's No Man's Sky, but it's not nearly as ambitious as Star Citizen. Still looks like fun though.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Racecarlock said:
I don't get why I have never seen a spiritual sequel to starflight on any platform yet. Seriously, a game where you could make your own crew, customize your spaceship, and explore any planet and we left it in the 16 bit era? Why? And seriously, what a waste. That was such a good game. I don't get why there hasn't been another one like it yet.
Well, Star Control, particularly the second one, is more or less considered a spiritual sequel, but yeah, there a lot of similarities, but also a lot of differences between them.

A true modern incarnation of Starflight would be amazing though. They can keep it 16 bit style if need be, because doing it with AAA standard is no doubt a massive undertaking and I don't know which dev could pull that off without seriously trimming it down or turning it into a buggy mess.

EXos

Nov 24, 2009
It's nice to see a hardware wrenching game like crysis. It will take a few years before the "Average" PC can run it on Ultra. Now if they make it so you'll replay it often you'll enjoy seeing it improve in graphics over the years. :D

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
It looks very pretty from the screen shots they have shown so far I'll grant them that, but really untill it's out in the shops to buy and I've had a go of the full game, I'm not buying into the hype.

I was an avid PC gamer back in the hey day of the space flight sims (FreeSpace, X-Wing v Tie Fighter, I-War 2 etc..) but since then I've become more of a console gamer. The reason being the decline of the genre, while it's exciting that these types of games are making a comeback (and while they are at it can we please please have a new proper MechWarrior game) for me to get back into it then it'd mean building a new PC. Which is an investment that I'm not prepared to make based on hype and rumour alone.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
ShinyCharizard said:
No way bro!

This is the first true next gen game right here:

Oooooo yeah.

Isn't that the first JRPG of next gen? I'm not the biggest fan of Compile Heart, but I might just get it for that fact.
Well I think that is an apt finishing blow to Diesel-'s thread. Sorry hardcore PC gamer and FPS fanboy (all in his profile so not my words), but Omega Quintet is more "true next gen" than Star Citzen, thread done.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
ShinyCharizard said:
No way bro!

This is the first true next gen game right here:

Oooooo yeah.

Now this is more like it. Proper hardcore this is. Not like that colorful girly stuff in the OP.