Star Fox

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
I don't know about the rest of you,
but I would love to see a revival of Star Fox,
and the previous gamecube ones don't count.

I think it would be fun to have a new Star Fox game on the Wii,
Thoughts?

Lios

Oct 17, 2008
Never actually got to play Star Fox. I suppose I could look around for an old ass copy of Star Fox 64 and undust my N64.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
As much as I'd agree with you, why don't the Gamecube ones count? Yes, Assault was disgustingly sub-par in comparison to Star Fox 64, but it was still fun, and Adventures was an amazing game.

Either way... I'd rather not see them trip over themselves to try and make a good Star Fox game with motion controls. Maybe if they released something with the same look/sound/feel as Star Fox 64 over WiiWare, I think that's the only way they could do it justice, since it would be the same thing with new levels, you know?

As long as they make it more open-ended like they did with 64. I hated how linear Assault was...

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
I loved the star fox series (though the adventures one was weird) and would love a revival.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
madbird-valiant said:
I only played it once or twice, but I had lots of fun. Star Fox revival is Ay-Okay in my book. Preferably on Xbox 360, just cos. Otherwise I won't get it. ;-;
Yeah, never gonna happen. It's a Nintendo series.

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
ZeroMachine said:
As much as I'd agree with you, why don't the Gamecube ones count? Yes, Assault was disgustingly sub-par in comparison to Star Fox 64, but it was still fun, and Adventures was an amazing game.

Either way... I'd rather not see them trip over themselves to try and make a good Star Fox game with motion controls. Maybe if they released something with the same look/sound/feel as Star Fox 64 over WiiWare, I think that's the only way they could do it justice, since it would be the same thing with new levels, you know?

As long as they make it more open-ended like they did with 64. I hated how linear Assault was...
Yeah a Wii-ware one would be fun, but I think this is one of the few games that could work well with motion controls.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
BolognaBaloney said:
ZeroMachine said:

Yeah a Wii-ware one would be fun, but I think this is one of the few games that could work well with motion controls.
If they did it perfectly, but, as much as I love Nintendo and the Wii, they don't exactly have a good track record so far :p

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
madbird-valiant said:
ZeroMachine said:
Yeah, never gonna happen. It's a Nintendo series.
That's what they said about Final Fantasy and Sony.
Um... except for the fact that Final Fantasy started on the original Nintendo? And is and always has been owned by a third party company, and not Sony?

Star Fox is owned by Nintendo. And they don't share with other systems.

Sorry, bud, but get your facts straight.

EDIT: Apologies for the double post.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
Well, considering Nintendo has been struggling with the Wii lately, its a pretty good guess that at E3 they will be releasing info on probably one of their core game franchises if not more, so we might (crosses fingers) get to see Star Fox soon. But I could handle a WiiWare version, or an actual version, so long as I see it.

Plauged1

Mar 6, 2009
Its worth a try. They are giving Kid Icarus a secod coming, and I didn't know who or what that was until fanboys shoved that down my throat. Slippy should die though.

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
ZeroMachine said:
BolognaBaloney said:
ZeroMachine said:

If they did it perfectly, but, as much as I love Nintendo and the Wii, they don't exactly have a good track record so far :p
Haha can't argue with that, but in a perfect world, that would be a fun game.

scorche

Oct 9, 2008
i think it would be great to see a starfox game like "starfox adventures" for the GC be made for the Wii. but i think i would dread what Ninty would do with the motion controls.. :S

cyber_andyy

Dec 31, 2008
I still haven't finnished adventure on gamecube. I REALLY need to sometime, it was an excellent game.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
madbird-valiant said:
I only played it once or twice, but I had lots of fun. Star Fox revival is Ay-Okay in my book. Preferably on Xbox 360, just cos. Otherwise I won't get it. ;-;
HAHAHAHAHAHA. A Nintendo game on a Microsoft console. I needed that. That made my day.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
super_smash_jesus said:
Well, considering Nintendo has been struggling with the Wii lately, its a pretty good guess that at E3 they will be releasing info on probably one of their core game franchises if not more, so we might (crosses fingers) get to see Star Fox soon. But I could handle a WiiWare version, or an actual version, so long as I see it.
By struggling, you mean they didn't take enough profits this month to buy another planet?

I know what you meant, but to be honest that console just gets dips in sales every now and then. I can't wait for E3, so hopefully we can see some in game footage of Red Steel 2, and something interesting for Nintendo (Iwata's been hyping it beyond belief, which is pretty odd).

EDIT: Didn't even comment on topic.

Adventures was okay, Assault just about broke average. They need Lylat Wars calibre Starfox games again. I want branching paths that double as branching difficulty settings, and secrets that they don't even tell you are secrets, you just have to find out for yourself.

laikenf

Oct 24, 2007
ZeroMachine said:

Agreed, Star Fox Adventures was a great underrated game.

kokirisoldier

Apr 15, 2008
BolognaBaloney said:
I don't know about the rest of you,
but I would love to see a revival of Star Fox,
and the previous gamecube ones don't count.

I think it would be fun to have a new Star Fox game on the Wii,
Thoughts?
Exactly how I feel.

Bring it back to team based Air/space combat in your Arwing.

It feels like they took the "Sonic" approach to this great game. AKA adding new character no one wants, more equipment that no one really wanted.