Star Trek Synthahol in the Works

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
Well, this is interesting.
Still, I can't see booze with bad effects disappearing. we're not going to empty out valuable wine cellars just yet.
Definetly not!

Although, I certainly would like this just for novelty!

Sephiroth_deus

Jul 25, 2009
wooty said:
Screw the drinks, I want whatever they put the food which means they can all eat utter shit yet still have such slender physics and muscle tone. That would be worth investing in
Well they work out all the time. The idea being that most humans follow a strict diet/exercise routine in the future. Also I guess I'll be the nerd that points this out, but it isn't that synthahol in ST has effects that can be thrown off. It's that synthahol has no effects whatsoever. It simply tastes like whatever alcohol you wish to have. I never saw a point in that, but hey it's the future right?

OT: It's nice to see some new R&D (for what is probably one of the most dangerous drugs legally available) where they're trying to mitigate its negative effects.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
The prohibition failed, but if this stuff is everything it says it is, I hope it replaces the old poison completely.

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
Disaster Button said:
This is swell and all but they should skip all this and just get straight to making me a Holodeck dammit.
That or your own phaser set to stun or vaporize.

EDIT: or the shot thing that gives shots painlessly. Thatd be extremely useful for millions of people including myself.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Disaster Button said:
This is swell and all but they should skip all this and just get straight to making me a Holodeck dammit.
Yea, I'm pretty sure that is a lot easier and less complicated /sarcasm
[sub]Still a good point though[/sub]

O/T: Its a good idea if you need to get home and need to sober up faster than usual.