Star Wars: Armada Review - A Must-Play Tabletop Experience

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Star Wars: Armada Review - A Must-Play Tabletop Experience

A fleet combat game in the world of Star Wars has been a long time coming, and Fantasy Flight Games delivers.

Read Full Article

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
Those models are things of pure beauty, but I'm just getting back into X-Wing and can't justify keeping up with both games.

Also, another review I've read mentioned that Armada is twice as long and twice as complicated as X-Wing, whose simplicity is one of my favorite things about it. I'm curious if anyone else finds this true.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
I want the core set to hurry up and release in my country! The game looks awesome, my flat mate and I will have a lot of fun with it, just like we do with X-Wing.

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Crimson_Dragoon said:
Those models are things of pure beauty, but I'm just getting back into X-Wing and can't justify keeping up with both games.

Also, another review I've read mentioned that Armada is twice as long and twice as complicated as X-Wing, whose simplicity is one of my favorite things about it. I'm curious if anyone else finds this true.
I do not find it appreciably more complicated than X-Wing. In certain ways - like its ability to keep play moving - it's actually easier because players don't stop to script every action on every ship at once.

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
I can't wait for a browser based team builder application like there are for X-wing - I never owned any of the miniature sets (but I played with my friend who did) but I had great fun putting together combo gimmicks and squads and look forward to doing for this as well.

DarkArk

May 3, 2011
chozo_hybrid said:
I want the core set to hurry up and release in my country! The game looks awesome, my flat mate and I will have a lot of fun with it, just like we do with X-Wing.
Then drop X-wing. Seriously. I have two core sets and Armada is an absolute blast. It's a much better designed game than X-wing, has learned from that games flaws, and is only just starting.

Don't get me wrong, I have a pretty sizable collection of X-wing too, but I'm done buying anything but new releases for it.

Armada should end up being the miniatures game in terms of shear quality.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
DarkArk said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Then drop X-wing. Seriously. I have two core sets and Armada is an absolute blast. It's a much better designed game than X-wing, has learned from that games flaws, and is only just starting.

Don't get me wrong, I have a pretty sizable collection of X-wing too, but I'm done buying anything but new releases for it.

Armada should end up being the miniatures game in terms of shear quality.
I think we'll have room to love both to be honest, but I just got an email saying mine shipped shortly after I posted my original comment, the release date changed :D So I guess I'll be able to let you know what I think, I'm reading the rules right now.