Star Wars Battlefront 3

Recommended Videos

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
3,324
0
41
Country
Nederland
Terkaal said:
SamuelT said:
No, it's not.

That Battlefront 3 trailer was for a PSP game, which combined space and infantry battles. It wasn't that good. So the trailer's fake, posted under a fake name.

The footage may be genuine, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
You sure on that? Last I checked it wasn't, anyway I've already heard from several sources within the industry that work on it had restarted with extra funding and last I was aware it had already been announced, I can't say who I get this info from of course, I understand completely if you want to call BS on this and I won't think any less of you :p

EDIT: Ok double checked and I am sorry to say that that trailer was indeed of elite squad... sorry guys! However the leak is real as are the info I've heard from inside.
I wouldn't know if the work had restarted, since I lack the inside sources you appearantly possess. Sorry, I didn't know you had first/second-hand information, so I guess you could call this a premature BS?

But I'm still sceptical. There's been alot of gameplay footage for games (I'm looking at you, DNF.) that weren't released.

If it is released though, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
 

Terkaal

New member
Apr 28, 2010
74
0
0
SamuelT said:
Terkaal said:
SamuelT said:
No, it's not.

That Battlefront 3 trailer was for a PSP game, which combined space and infantry battles. It wasn't that good. So the trailer's fake, posted under a fake name.

The footage may be genuine, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
You sure on that? Last I checked it wasn't, anyway I've already heard from several sources within the industry that work on it had restarted with extra funding and last I was aware it had already been announced, I can't say who I get this info from of course, I understand completely if you want to call BS on this and I won't think any less of you :p

EDIT: Ok double checked and I am sorry to say that that trailer was indeed of elite squad... sorry guys! However the leak is real as are the info I've heard from inside.
I wouldn't know if the work had restarted, since I lack the inside sources you appearantly possess. Sorry, I didn't know you had first/second-hand information, so I guess you could call this a premature BS?

But I'm still sceptical. There's been alot of gameplay footage for games (I'm looking at you, DNF.) that weren't released.

If it is released though, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Like I said sam, feel free to call BS I can see clearly why one would think so :p Heck if I saw someone else posting something like this up on another rumoured game I would do the same xD
 

fgdfgdgd

New member
May 9, 2009
692
0
0
i logged on just so i could say loud and proud "the didn't believe it was coming, they didn't stay like me did, we believed in the second coming of BF3, we did my precious my love" *full on nerdgasm*
 

MellowFellow

New member
Feb 14, 2010
969
0
0
WOOOOO!!!

This news has made my day. I love Star Wars Battlefront, and I was deeply saddened when I had heard the 3rd one was cancelled. I cannot wait.
 

LeonLethality

New member
Mar 10, 2009
5,809
0
0
It's not dead? My prayers have been answered for a new Battlefront? HUZZAH! *Hugs everyone who reads this post out of joy*
 

TheYellowCellPhone

New member
Sep 26, 2009
8,613
0
0
Thank God, I love the Battlefront games.

FactualSquirrel said:
Hurrah!

I might actually finish a story mode this time, I never did do that...
Completely unrelated, but I love your avatar.
 

Terkaal

New member
Apr 28, 2010
74
0
0
EDIT: Never mind, I was getting confused with something else, getting 2 companies mixed up lol
 

nick n stuff

New member
Nov 19, 2009
1,338
0
0
as long as they go back to the ways of battlefront 2 and ignore all of the psp games they made this game should kick ass.
 
Apr 28, 2008
14,628
0
0
So its being released? This year?

First Marvel vs. Capcom 3, now this. The only way this could be the best year ever is if Timesplitters 4 was suddenly announced to be released this year.
 

Pillypill

New member
Aug 7, 2009
506
0
0
Well if it turns out to be true then... fantastic, but i somehow doubt it will be out this year, if at all. After all wouldn't this have gone down with pandemic?
 

moretimethansense

New member
Apr 10, 2008
1,617
0
0
tomtom94 said:
I'm glad it's finally being released.
I hope it's decent, the first two were good games.

(I hope the Jedi are more effective in this game, in the second they felt underpowered)
o_O underpowered!? eiter me or my mate could turn the tide of massive battles with ONE Jedi
and if my mate got Maul on polis massa he was fucking unstoppable
non jedi heroes on the other hand...
 

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
5,717
0
0
I am excited IF it comes out, but I'm not going to think that it will actually happen. Still...
*fingers crossed*
 

crazy-j

New member
Sep 15, 2008
523
0
0
YES!!!! YEAHHHHAAHAHAHAH!!! i loved the first two, i cant wait for this to come out! hopefully its not a fake.
 

Johnny Cain

New member
Apr 18, 2010
328
0
0
Ldude893 said:
Terkaal said:
Ldude893 said:
WHOA, whoa, whoa, I'm suddenly worried.

Where's the PC symbol on the teaser?
Ooo, good eye, that's something I never noticed before. A possible explanation was that pandora was forced to downsize if I remember correctly during the recession, perhaps they were forced to let their PC Dev staff go?
I have a bad feeling about this. I'm a loyal PC gamer and the only consoles I've got are the Wii and the Play Station 2.
Fret not, it's usually the Lucasarts way to follow a console game with a PC release a few weeks afterwards.
...that being said they did totally cancel the PC version of 'Force Unleashed'.
This bodes ill.
 

TimbukTurnip

New member
Jan 3, 2009
190
0
0
I'm still completely skeptical on this. Unless I missed something, there's no source of information or anything that says this game is being released in this entire thread. There's only the video of the video of the leaked footage which I believe is over a year old.
 

Terkaal

New member
Apr 28, 2010
74
0
0
TimbukTurnip said:
I'm still completely skeptical on this. Unless I missed something, there's no source of information or anything that says this game is being released in this entire thread. There's only the video of the video of the leaked footage which I believe is over a year old.
The reason behind that is that the leak is indeed a year old, I recently came into some information from a source I can't name, and I decided to put up a trailer too thinking it had been anounced after recieving such information. Naturally I was excited having just learned of this news and willingly took the first trailer to come up in a google...which happened to be hoax and so I took down the trailer link in the OP, which of course left me with no way to validate the information. To which I reply simply with I can't reveal who I got this info from, I'm just passing it on, you don't have to believe me and I understand completely if you want to call bullshit, I would do in the same situation ;)

The leak video is in there to show what this game was at the time it was put into a indefinite hold in the recession
 

-Samurai-

New member
Oct 8, 2009
2,293
0
0
I have been following this for quite awhile. The original developer had a feature that would let you jump in a ship, attack ground troops, or fly around in the sky for dogfights. Then, you could seamlessly fly into space and attack one of the big cruisers and have space battles. Then if you wanted, you could fly right back down to the planted you're fighting on. All with no loading.(As seen in the video in the OP.)

When they passed the project on to the new developer, they refused to give them that part. Its a shame. Why they would deny us that feature is beyond me, but its their choice. I only hope the new dev. team will be able to recreate it without having to stop at a loading screen.