Star Wars: Battlefront Already "Well Into Development"

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
The second I they say it is only origin exclusive, they lose my potential sale forever. It's a shame because Battlefront II is one of my favorites.

Still...
Soviet Heavy said:
"will have a third person component".

Oh shit don't tell me you fuckwads are turning this into a primarily FPS title, are you? It's not squad based tactics in outer space, where you pick and choose your loadouts. It's a human wave simulator with distinct class based warfare. Get it right or don't do it at all.
This does make me skeptical.

freedash22

Jun 7, 2013
GAunderrated said:
When I see the title all I can think of is the title translates to "EA is rushing Battlefront 3 out ASAP to steal your $$$ before you realize its crap".

I would love to be proven wrong but I don't believe any AAA developer today could make a battlefront 3 that does the series justice. There is too much homogenous BS in the AAA market these days to think that it wont make it to battlefront 3. Especially at the helm of one of the greatest offenders in the game industry.
^Aye!^

Forgive me if I don't share the optimism of some members, but seriously, I just don't get why a lot of people have stellar hopes about this. I mean this is EA, these are the guys who will not let a great game stop them from becoming the most hated company on release date. If DICE gets this right, EA will slap anti-consumer business practices up the ass to antagonize its customers to the max. If DICE gets it wrong, layoffs to the max! So many other things can possibly go wrong outside the game. There is Origin and the possibility for, always-online, insane price tags, microtransactions, poor customer support, terminating servers and support too early, rushed, poor and short game content, other DRM issues, etc.

If that doesn't change your mind, think about this, if your boyfriend or girlfriend took your money and cheated on you, how many times would they have to do it before you finally say "It's over"?

Sim City, Dragon Age 2, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Pt. 1, Pt. 2, Star Wars MMO, Dead Space 3, FIFA, Dark Spore, Command and Conquer 4, etc...

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
ok, i am not an EA fan. My butt is still hurt from mass effect 3 and dragon age 2. BUT they are still making it, we didn't have that till they got it so please stop complaining, at least until we see the product.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
well into developement probably means they took the engine and assets from Battlefield 3 and all thats left to do now is re-skinning to resemble space and maybe slight alterations to maps not to call them copies.

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
I'm just gonna stop by and say that I'm looking forward to this game. I don't get why this game attracts so much blind hate for EA.

I bet most of you still like to say Jar Jar Binks raped your childhood and Attack of the Clones is the worst movie evar(!) made, so it's not like they can ruin Star Wars for you any further, right?

Gameguy20100

Sep 6, 2012
HellbirdIV said:
I'm just gonna stop by and say that I'm looking forward to this game. I don't get why this game attracts so much blind hate for EA.
Um it's EA they get hate for breathing.

on topic this game sounds like it will be fun.

BlueCasket

Jul 24, 2013
freedash22 said:
GAunderrated said:
When I see the title all I can think of is the title translates to "EA is rushing Battlefront 3 out ASAP to steal your $$$ before you realize its crap".

I would love to be proven wrong but I don't believe any AAA developer today could make a battlefront 3 that does the series justice. There is too much homogenous BS in the AAA market these days to think that it wont make it to battlefront 3. Especially at the helm of one of the greatest offenders in the game industry.
^Aye!^

Forgive me if I don't share the optimism of some members, but seriously, I just don't get why a lot of people have stellar hopes about this. I mean this is EA, these are the guys who will not let a great game stop them from becoming the most hated company on release date. If DICE gets this right, EA will slap anti-consumer business practices up the ass to antagonize its customers to the max. If DICE gets it wrong, layoffs to the max! So many other things can possibly go wrong outside the game. There is Origin and the possibility for, always-online, insane price tags, microtransactions, poor customer support, terminating servers and support too early, rushed, poor and short game content, other DRM issues, etc.

If that doesn't change your mind, think about this, if your boyfriend or girlfriend took your money and cheated on you, how many times would they have to do it before you finally say "It's over"?

Sim City, Dragon Age 2, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Pt. 1, Pt. 2, Star Wars MMO, Dead Space 3, FIFA, Dark Spore, Command and Conquer 4, etc...
Yep, but they're in charge of Star Wars: Battlefront. If you want a new SW:BF, you'll play this. If not, then don't. Easy.