Star Wars: Battlefront Announced For Next-Gen Consoles

Mrkillhappy

Sep 18, 2012
Excited at the Idea of a new Battlefront game but because it is EA I will remain cautious about how well it will come out.

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
Well unless its origin free I can't even get excited about this. Can't wait to see the microtransactions and DLC packs roll in for this game.

Ironside

Mar 5, 2012
Technically speaking I should be excited for this, but in the originals it was the single player that I loved and I can't see EA doing it justice. I imagine the single player will be a tacked on couple of hours with the main focus being multiplayer, multiplayer, multiplayer.

croc3629

Mar 20, 2011
Well, assuming EA does nothing else to piss me off in the coming year, I probably still will not get it because I do not want to use Origin. Just one of those things, really.

Oh well, glad to see it hasn't disappeared to the aether at least.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
I hope they release it on a console that supports used games, because I'd like to buy this without supporting EA.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Adam Jensen said:
I'm not surprised that DICE is making a new Battlefront game. I am only surprised that they announced it so soon.
They have to generate hype as fast as possible, lest Disney look at how The Old Republic is doing...

Apr 5, 2008
I could swear there was a Battlefront II, and that I've played it. WTF EA?

Anyway, interesting to know that the first new game announced is an old game. Who needs new ideas anyway?

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
EA! I SWEAR! THIS IS THE ONLY STAR WARS GAME-SERIES I'VE EVER LOVED. IT WAS PART OF MY PS2 CHILDHOOD. IF YOU FUCK THIS UP, I'LL COME AFTER YOU AND I WONT STOP UNTIL EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR BUILDINGS IS BURNED DOWN. DO NOT FUCK THIS UP.

Other then that, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD COME ON DICE, PULL THROUGH! YOU GOT THIS!

csoloist

Mar 27, 2009
Don't get too excited people. This *is* EA after all, they'll find some way to cock things up...

That's what they do. It's all that they do.

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
I go away for a weekend and come back to Mirror's Edge 2 and a new Battlefront, am I dead, or only dreaming?

Hey, I see what's going on here, They're imposters! HEY, you, yeah you! I'm on to you, what did you do with the real EA?!

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Oh man EA is the worst company ever. Don't you just hate them? Cause I do and- Wait what was that?... A-A new B-Battlefront?

[HEADING=2]WOOOOOO EA! GO EA!!!! WOOOOO!!!!![/HEADING]

The joke is that I am a hypocrite. As is most of the internet.

Seriously though EA stay the fuck out of this. We do not need any DLC for this game. Just let DICE work.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
I don't know why, but I've got a bad feeling about this.
I see what you did there.

I could go either way, I suppose. I love Star Wars to death, that's for sure. But the Battlefront Games never really impressed me. I needed more of a story. Of course, I was also playing offline on the PS2, so I couldn't fight other people and just ended up against the A.I.
So, I will keep my eye on this for certain. But did we have to make the trailer with perhaps the most overused Star Wars battle ever? Hoth is great, but can we stop using it as the flagship?

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
*reads title* that can't be right *rubs eyes and re-reads title* can it really be.... is Battlefront finally returning...... *thud... passes out from shock*

Jabberwock King

Mar 27, 2011
KingsGambit said:
I could swear there was a Battlefront II, and that I've played it. WTF EA?

Anyway, interesting to know that the first new game announced is an old game. Who needs new ideas anyway?
Oh quit belly-aching, I've been waiting for this too long to see someone complain about it being "old." Battlefront gave me an itch that can only be scratched by Sci-fi shooters with vehicle combat and a generous helping flying. I've been sticking with Halo for what brief glimpses of that glory it could bother to offer. If they nail this, then I'm jumpin' ship.