Star Wars Battlefront Preview - Classic Stormtroopers

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Star Wars Battlefront Preview - Classic Stormtroopers

After building up my expectations for Star Wars Battlefront for two years, I was amazed and excited when I walked away completely satisfied.

Read Full Article

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Well this is good to hear, i suppose it won't feel like Battlefront, as the original didn't have this game mode. I'm assuming Team Deathmatch or whatever they end up calling it, will feel a lot more like Battlefront.

Also judging by the Gameplay trailer we can create our own Soldier(s) as i saw a Rodian on Hoth!

It might not be the Battlefront we had hoped for, but i think this is going to be a good game regardless of what it does/doesn't have.

Stupidity

Sep 21, 2013
arc1991 said:
It might not be the Battlefront we had hoped for, but i think this is going to be a good game regardless of what it does/doesn't have.
The biggest problem I've seen so far is the terrible AI and enemy strength. It looks like AI controlled soldiers are both stupid and underpowered. Unless the AI challenges players, just shooting tides of impotent stormtroopers with a blaster will get old fast. Especially if we are now unable to switch between different classes with different play styles.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
It all looks and sounds great, the gameplay videos looked exiteing, but they were as real and unscripted as reality tv.

Sep 14, 2009
FogHornG36 said:
It all looks and sounds great, the gameplay videos looked exiteing, but they were as real and unscripted as reality tv.
besides all the things that they pointed out WOULDN'T be in the "reboot" compared to the old games, I agree with this, the gameplay/videos they showed us sure looked great...but we've all seen how that can turn out, so regardless I'm going to hold off buying this game unless it is praised like the 5th coming of jesus.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Stupidity said:
arc1991 said:
The biggest problem I've seen so far is the terrible AI and enemy strength. It looks like AI controlled soldiers are both stupid and underpowered. Unless the AI challenges players, just shooting tides of impotent stormtroopers with a blaster will get old fast. Especially if we are now unable to switch between different classes with different play styles.
Will Probably depend on the difficulty you are playing to be honest, games modes like that generally have a difficulty level. But i can't imagine they would be any better than a generic COD/Battlefield enemy. Which in a shooter game is perfectly fine :p

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Well if it has split screen coop I could see this being fun, maybe not quite as good as other Battlefront games but enjoyable enough and worthy of owning on my PS4. There are seriously a lack of split screen games on consoles, it's stupid as that's why I own them (my pc is far superior for SP and net play)

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Looks just like another "Vertical slice" to me. I'm not willing to give the benefit of the doubt to this game anymore thanks to Dice taking a chainsaw to Pandemic's features and so it shall be treated as if it were Aliens: Colonial Marines until proven otherwise on release.

Stupidity

Sep 21, 2013
arc1991 said:
Will Probably depend on the difficulty you are playing to be honest, games modes like that generally have a difficulty level. But i can't imagine they would be any better than a generic COD/Battlefield enemy. Which in a shooter game is perfectly fine :p
Its a multiplayer focused game though, so it will probably only have two difficulties; Normal and Easy.

I haven't played the modern COD/Battlefield games. What's the AI like?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Stupidity said:
arc1991 said:
Its a multiplayer focused game though, so it will probably only have two difficulties; Normal and Easy.

I haven't played the modern COD/Battlefield games. What's the AI like?
Tbf i haven't either, but the last Cod game i played (Black Ops 1) was okay, easy on easy, hard on hard, so couldn't complain.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
Doesn't sound like my kind of game. I loved the space battles, but what really puts me off is the removal of the multiple factions which really added alot of flavour for me. Sounds like DICE are almost just making a Battlefield mod with stormtrooper skins.