Star Wars: Battlefront Update Coming Next Month

rasputin0009

Feb 12, 2013
I won't trust anything on Frostbite 3 after all the Battlefield 4 bugs. That still haven't all been fixed.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Default 3rd Person view or I'm not buying it.
This is pretty much my stance on it as well. Battlefront games are 3rd person shooter gold, and having it be in first person would be terrible I say. That's the main thing that will keep me from buying the game.

Nowhere Man

Mar 10, 2013
Neronium said:
Soviet Heavy said:
This is pretty much my stance on it as well. Battlefront games are 3rd person shooter gold, and having it be in first person would be terrible I say. That's the main thing that will keep me from buying the game.
It can have both again and I'd appreciate that. I would switch back and forth all the time in Battlefront 1 and 2. If they do that though I hope they implement it so you can change it on the fly and not have to exit a game like I remember having had to.

That being said if I had to choose I'd prefer 3rd person.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Nowhere Man said:
It can have both again and I'd appreciate that. I would switch back and forth all the time in Battlefront 1 and 2. If they do that though I hope they implement it so you can change it on the fly and not have to exit a game like I remember having had to.

That being said if I had to choose I'd prefer 3rd person.
Having both wouldn't be bad. My main concern though is that they would make it that it is just strictly a 1st person shooter only, and I feel doing that would hurt the game a lot.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
If there's one thing I want them to fix is that, in Battlefront II (which I've been playing since I picked it up cheap on Steam), the enemy AI seem to know exactly where you're aiming with your scope, and will literally "dance" with your aiming reticule.

I don't want them to just sit like lame ducks, but I don't want to be able to make them dance the can-can while trying to headshot them, either.

EDIT:
Neronium said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Unless they decide to implement a cover-system for the third person shooting. Because, honestly, fuck that.

epicdwarf

Apr 9, 2014
Soviet Heavy said:
A trillion times this.

OT: I honestly don't have my hopes up really high for BF 2014. EA has an EXTREMELY poor track record when it comes to "reboots" of older game franchises. Remember what they did to Syndicate?

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
This is one of the few games that will seriously tempt me to end my EA "boycott".

Fortunately I have faith that EA/DICE will manage to royally mess it all up taking the 3rd person wave generator gameplay of BF2 and turning it into a generic, buggy 1st person K/D fest, with obnoxious marketing and a pathetic amount of maps with a million DLC map packs/microtransaction level-ups.

Come on EA, I believe you can [small]ruin it all forever![/small]

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Knowing EA, they're going to screw this up somehow. Either they'll push it so quickly through production that it'll come out as a mediocre, bug-ridden mess, or make it a downgrade from previous games in terms of gameplay and maps, or both. Expect no mod support and tons of microtransactions.

Still, considering that DICE, the makers of the very game that inspired Battlefront in the first place, actually begged to make this game, I'll going to give them a chance. So I'm cautiously optimistic here.

Sep 14, 2009
Racecarlock said:
I remember when I saw footage of a leaked alpha of what was then called battlefront 3. Just keep it like that. KEEP IT LIKE THAT, but just polish it enough for an AAA release, and we're good. Seamless space to ground combat would rule.

Also don't make skirmish modes multiplayer only.
Hero in a half shell said:
This is one of the few games that will seriously tempt me to end my EA "boycott".

Fortunately I have faith that EA/DICE will manage to royally mess it all up taking the 3rd person wave generator gameplay of BF2 and turning it into a generic, buggy 1st person K/D fest, with obnoxious marketing and a pathetic amount of maps with a million DLC map packs/microtransaction level-ups.

Come on EA, I believe you can [small]ruin it all forever![/small]
both of these hardcore. The battlefront 3 you could find on those leaked clips looked like an updated battlefront 2 (which to holy heavens, is what everyone wanted.) and would've been the easiest money in the world EA could've made at this point.

Yet, as far as presumptions go, this will be star wars: battlefrontfield: first person deluxe ultra mega edition

For once, if they just take the shortcut and copy pasta battlefront 2 into the new engine, they'd have my money...

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Jasper van Heycop said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Except that, by default, both previous battlefronts start in first person, trust me I reinstalled Battlefront 2 today. You have to go into the options menu to change perspective to 3rd person. But the option does need to be there, otherwise it wouldn't be Battlefront (though I personally prefer first person).

Also: Health and ammo pickups, regen is for pussies!
On the PC, yes, it is default first person. But I grew up with the PS2 version of Battlefront. It just plays better in 3rd person, even on the PC.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Squilookle said:
mirage202 said:
E3 footage is more commonly being outed as heavily touched up, entirely unrepresentative of the final product which in turn means that there is very chance we are going to be getting 'a real look' at anything.
With any luck, that will mean that someone outside EA worked out that the Hoth battle didn't happen in a freaking blizzard like in the teaser, and the skies will be nice and clear in the game

Dragonlayer said:
Put spacecraft back into air support roles a'la BF1, expand on the actual space battles from BF2 and I'm sold.
Agreed. All I'll ever do in the game is be an Imperial or Rebel fighter pilot, or run around as a standard stormtrooper or Rebel dude. That's all I need, and if they can be combined all at once, with multiplayer bots, then I'm sold.

Definitely needs multiplayer bots though.
Same here; so many different classes and all I ever did was run around as a standard soldier or strafe/kamikaze as a pilot. It was the absolute height of lunacy trying to make a difference as a sniper: too many hundreds of enemies and too many of them rolling around like crazy.

They can't skip the bots! I don't even froth with rage at the very mention of EA and I'd be pissed off if they tried to give us 12 a side only battles!