Star Wars: Episode VII Lands John Williams

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
As much as I dislike some aspects of the "prequel" trilogy, the soundtrack definitely doesn't count amoung them.

Welcome back, Mr. Williams, and glad to have you.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Mr.Tea said:
piinyouri said:
But I was kind of hoping they'd take a chance on someone new. Kind of give the new films their own identity.
But you don't give Star Wars a new "identity"; Whatever they do with the new studio, new director and new cast has to be instantly and undeniably Star Wars, from the very first frame of the movie.

What better constant to keep than the man who made these opening notes:

Even throughout the entirety of cinematic history, shit does not get more iconic than that.
At this point, iconic and predictable/boring are starting to blur together for me regarding SW's scores.

But hey it's just my opinion.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Well it wouldn't be Star Wars without John Williams's soundtrack. I'm thrilled at this news but I didn't doubt his inclusion in the movie.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
MrBaskerville said:
arc1991 said:
thaluikhain said:
Ah, some legitimately good news about the next Star Wars.
Zac Effron and Ryan Gosling are pretty decent actors, despite the slack Zac gets, he is a very good actor.
Did i miss something? Are Zac Effron and Ryan Gosling set to act in Star Wars VII?
(I wouldn´t mind it, i liked Zac Effron in "Me and Orson Welles and Ryan Gosling seems to choose some decent films even though he´s a bit spaced out at times :p)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.823151-Ryan-Gosling-Zac-Efron-and-Leonardo-DiCaprio-in-talks-for-Star-Wars-Episode-7?page=2#19932128

all details are in there :p ignore the dicaprio bit, he has been ruled out

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
arc1991 said:
thaluikhain said:
Ah, some legitimately good news about the next Star Wars.
There has been bad news? :p

Disney now own it, with what they did to Avengers i have no problem with that.

Abrams, isn't a bad director, they could of picked better admittedly but they could of picked worse as well.

Zac Effron and Ryan Gosling are pretty decent actors, despite the slack Zac gets, he is a very good actor.

Harrison, Mark and Carrie Fisher are coming back which is a huge plus

And now we know the music is going to be on par with the rest of films...

Did i miss anything? xD
Main thing people got pissy about was the supposed plans to take an Axe to the Expanded universe.

Now, i will agree that...most of the EU is bad enough to employ selective Canon on. BUT, the good stuff it did have was really good eg. Revan and the Old Republic, The Thrawn saga, Boba Fett's escape from the Sarlacc.

And, last but certainly not least: KYLE FUCKING KATARN and the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight Saga!