Star Wars Fan-Art Shows us Star Wars as Seen By Children

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Star Wars Fan-Art Shows us Star Wars as Seen By Children

"In a Backyard Far Far Away" gives us a peek into the imagination of a child.

Playing pretend was a big part of being a kid for most of us, whether it was Disney princesses, G.I. Joe, or, Star Wars. Artist Craig Davison [https://www.facebook.com/Craig-Davison-Art-Official-349689058403958/] has channeled that childhood creative energy into a series of pictures titled "In a Backyard Far Far Away". As you may have guessed, the series is all about kids playing pretend with Star Wars, improvising everyday household objects as costumes and props from the movies, in a way that only kids can.

Check them out below:

[gallery=6096]

Images used with permission.

It's all the little touches that really make this gallery special: stuff like Chewbacca being represented as a dog, or the Bobba Fett boy holding onto a Han Solo action figure. It's a great little whimsical gallery that is sure to make you reminisce on your own childhood years.

If you liked it, be sure to check out more of Davison's work on his official Facebook page [https://www.facebook.com/Craig-Davison-Art-Official-349689058403958/]. He has a bunch more "kids playing pretend"-type images, as well as some other cool stuff.

Source: Craig Davison [https://www.facebook.com/Craig-Davison-Art-Official-349689058403958/]

TelosSupreme

Dec 8, 2015
This is a pretty awesome collection, especially since I did the same kind of thing with my friends when we were kids. I remember how one of my friends got a Darth Vader voice changer mask for his birthday and me and everyone at his party had a huge lightsaber fight. The imagination of a child is a precious thing. That ability to create fantastic worlds out of everyday things and locations is something I'm sure many of us have taken for granted as we grew up.

aceman67

Jan 14, 2010
This is an awesome set of pictures. The original paintings (They are paintings) can be bought from Castle Galleries in the UK, most running upwards of 1200 GBP

Too bad I remember seeing this posted on the nerdist last year in may. [http://nerdist.com/star-wars-art-from-craig-davison-will-take-you-right-back-to-childhood/]

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Pretty awesome pictures. Hard not to smile while looking through them. However, I would have liked to see some love for the new cast. Especially since today's kids will likely be pretending to be Rey, Finn, and Poe, as well as Luke, Leia, and Han.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
waaaait...wasn't this featured on Escapist a couple of years ago? I swear I saw it here before. Or perhaps it was just a FB post.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Li Mu said:
waaaait...wasn't this featured on Escapist a couple of years ago? I swear I saw it here before. Or perhaps it was just a FB post.
No, you're right, it has been here before:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132365-Star-Wars-and-Batman-Meet-a-Childs-Imagination-in-19-Pieces-of-Art

Still, rather this decent art than another Disney Princess mash-up :p

Seraj33

Jun 18, 2012
Bob_McMillan said:
Jesus, pics 4 and 5 are pretty damn violent looking for playtime.
You telling me you never fought with sticks in the woods? Thats like, all we did during recess in elementary school.

We even built fortresses out of anything we could find. Shit got feral.

Apr 25, 2009
Man, I love interpretations of things like this. Really cool. Tons of character and spirit. It was especially great seeing them use those kinds of things I used to pretend were guns and swords when I was a kid.

Seraj33 said:
Bob_McMillan said:
You telling me you never fought with sticks in the woods? Thats like, all we did during recess in elementary school.

If you don't have at least five kids with skinned knuckles or Billy isn't running home crying with a dislocated shoulder you're doing it wrong.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Seraj33 said:
Bob_McMillan said:

We sure did, but never throwing shit at people riding bikes. That's just crazy dangerous.

Czann

Jan 22, 2014
I got a 50's vibe out of this art due to its style.

And also the complete lack of black kids too.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Seraj33 said:
Bob_McMillan said:

But that kid hasn't got a stick... it looks like he has a lead pipe! And the other has a walking stick. Those things are lethal. That's beyond Play time... they are going for the kill!

Seraj33

Jun 18, 2012
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
Seraj33 said:
Bob_McMillan said:

But that kid hasn't got a stick... it looks like he has a lead pipe! And the other has a walking stick. Those things are lethal. That's beyond Play time... they are going for the kill!
As long as they have a "no eyes" rule its all good.

Buckets

May 1, 2014
Love this guys work, would have liked to have bought one of the actual paintings, they were in a gallery store in York. The price tag was a bit too much ranging from 400-1000 pounds which was not really in my range unfortunately.