Star Wars Goes Fantasy RPG With Custom Figure Set

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Star Wars Goes Fantasy RPG With Custom Figure Set

A custom figure maker has provided his take on Star Wars as a fantasy RPG.

Custom figure creator Sillof is back with another set of Star Wars [http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Complete-Episodes-Blu-ray/dp/B003ZSJ212/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1303866848&sr=8-2] action figures to make you wonder: "What if?" This time he's brought the main Star Wars cast of characters back into the medieval fantasy realm.

Previous Sillof works have included website [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106928-These-Steampunk-Star-Wars-Figures-Are-Bully]. His latest line of figures gives everyone a class and race, just like you might see in an RPG.

[gallery=218]

Going by the basic archetypes of the Star Wars characters, you can pretty much guess who's what. R2D2 becomes Randor Deeptomb, the mute, dwarven sidekick of minstrel Cadpollo Gildenrod. Darth Vader transforms into powerful knight Deth Valkor, who betrays his king and takes over the land. Han Solo is a rogue, while Chewbacca is a hairy orc that wields a giant crossbow.

Of course, it's up to Lukos Swordbearer to slay a bunch of slimes, goblins, and x-winged beasts to gain enough experience to level up and take down Deth Valkor. He looks a little puny right now, so it'll probably take a good 60-100 hours. One of the toughest boss fights will likely be Boran Fayne, who uses custom-built armor and weapons.

How have these figures not been turned into a videogame yet?

Source: Sillof.com [http://www.sillof.com/C-SW-fantasy.htm]

Nov 12, 2010
HankMan said:
Psycho Cat Industries said:
These were cool at first,and I still like the idea,but isn't this like the 14th one?
Only the third that I know of. Were there other besides the ones mentioned in the OP?
I probably exaggerate this,but I remember a lot of these.Eh,just ignore me.I'm being stupid today

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Meh. The majority of the designs look so... bog-standard. They simultaneously look too much like the original thing and too straight fantasy classic to seem unique in any sense. The only design that really stands out is Boba Fett and that's just because his just looks awkward and silly, the helmet especially.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Took me a while to realise the first two are R2 and 3PO. Interesting nonetheless, however it's getting a bit silly all these different universe remakes.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
This Sillof dude is really talented. I still prefer the steampunk versions, but this is also pretty good.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
chickenlord said:
was expecting to see a dwarven yoda sporting a giant beard and having and axe as a cane.
Nah, yoda would be some kind of Fey creature or a hermit in the underdark... maybe a Svirfneblin.

Rect Pola

May 19, 2009
I like the "red blade" cheat. I don't think the R2 and 3PO really sell it. I would have perfered they were golems or something.

TStormer

Aug 24, 2010
Another one? Bwahaha. I really liked the Vader and Ben Kenobi. Not too sure about Han though...

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
I didn't pick up on R2D2 or C3PO but the rest were pretty good. Considering that Star Wars is basically fantasy in space to begin with (futuristic technology doesn't necessarily mean science fiction) I think pursing this further would work well. However I also have to admit that the procession of What If Star Wars re-imaginings is starting to wear on me.

And none of them hold a candle to those hilarious Dr. Seuss pages that were posted earlier :D

May 5, 2010
Um....Wait, didn't Star Wars already take high fantasy archetypes(princesses, knights, wizards, etc.) and transcribe then into science fiction?

That's why most of these characters are hardly changed at all, most noticeably Princess Leia. Because she's already a princess.