Star Wars May Get a Teaser Trailer This Weekend

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
irishda said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
It's out folks.

CGI count is strong in this one.
I counted the starfighters (both the dogfight and the X-Wings) and the speeder or whatever that chick was riding. So...three. Three elements.

Look, I like practical effects too, but there's a bit more they can do in terms of action sequences with CGI ships rather than a plastic model on a stick or a card on a print.

Also, did anyone else think the voiceover sounded like Benmuhdick Humperpatch?
Eh, maybe a little bit?

I'm not so sure it was. Lot's of people could do that deep raspy voice.

Wasn't too bad, though. I'm guessing the black dude is Lando's kid that I've been hearing about.

I don't mind the CGI as long as it's done well. I'm guessing the guy with the red lightsaber is the main antagonist. I kinda like his saber. The cross guard addition is pretty practical compared to some of the other stuff that's been done in the EU.

Putting in some X-wings and Tie Fighters was a good touch.

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
irishda said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
It's out folks.

CGI count is strong in this one.
I counted the starfighters (both the dogfight and the X-Wings) and the speeder or whatever that chick was riding. So...three. Three elements.
I counted the X-Wings, the chick's speeder, the Millenium Falcon, the little wheelie droid and the lightsaber (obviously, and the one thing I'm okay with). Yes, the voice sounds like Benedict's. I don't know if it is him. For all his Sherlock glam I'm getting a little weary of seeing him and listening to him everywhere. Star Trek. Hobbit. Fucking Madagascar. The guy's getting burned out with all this over-exposure.
The droid isn't CGI. It was just a droid head on a soccer ball. Probably two halves attached to a center part that hold the droidhead up and then pulled along by a string.

And the voice has been confirmed as Andy Serkis