Star Wars: The Force Awakens is Annihilating Advance Ticket Sales Records

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Auron225 said:
Is anyone surprised?
I'm sure there are plenty of such people. A few months ago there was a thread where people were arguing with a straight face that Avengers 2 was somehow going to beat SW at the box office. So I imagine a lot of them have their calculators out right now.
I must have missed that one, but for the record I would not have been one such person. Avengers 2 still did very well commercially, as I would have expected it to given that it was the culmination of Phase 2 of the MCU; very current and whatnot but I'd guess that it would likely attract the comic-book crowd along with those who are now fully invested in Marvel. This on the other hand can very well appeal to anyone who has ever seen a Star Wars movie (for nostalgia's sake, like with Jurassic World or Terminator) along with those who haven't and feel it's an appropriate time to see what all the fuss is about. Between those 2 groups of people, I'd fully expect the Star Wars crowd to be much larger. And as much as some people may claim they will boycott this movie... they won't. If they do, then one of 2 things will happen. Either it will be awful and they won't be in on the joke of how bad it was, or it'll be amazing and they'll feel compelled to go see it anyway which they'll be able to do cause this thing will be in cinemas for months on end.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Really? I haven't even thought of buying tickets yet. I do want to see it opening night, but haven't discussed it with any friends, yet. Was kinda wanting to wait for them to decide on the details.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
bluegate said:
Two month advance ticket sales, because the movie won't run three times a day, seven days a week, for several weeks in every cinema anyway...
I'm sick of people carelessly spoiling movies and shows for me at work etc, so for people who like to be surprised, that is a decent reason, hence why I got a ticket. Because it's happened to me a lot.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Pyrian said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Just have to get there early and I'll be able to see this opening night.
Are you there already? ;)
Exactly he better have a tent set up weeks in advance.

OT: I can believe that early ticket sales are huge even though i'm not a SW guy I might see this in theaters.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I'm not going to see it till a good two weeks after it comes out then. I imagine all the cheering will be kinda annoying to deal with, and I like to avoid crowds when I can. I like nerdy enthusiasm, but it detracts from the experience.

I haven't seen a movie in theaters in over four years, I can wait a few weeks to see one I'm actually interested in. :p

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
chozo_hybrid said:
I'm sick of people carelessly spoiling movies and shows for me at work etc, so for people who like to be surprised, that is a decent reason, hence why I got a ticket. Because it's happened to me a lot.
Same here. That's literally the only reason for me. No one will spoil Star Wars for me. No One!
But yeah, if I could watch the film at midnight in the comfort of my home instead of in a packed theater full of people who'll probably yell every time Han Solo is on screen, I'd definitely do it.

FuzzyRaccoon

Sep 4, 2010
I'm so worried that it'll be garbage that I won't be seeing it for several weeks.

OT: I'm a little bit surprised actually. I didn't think people would be this all over it. Did I watch the same trailer as everyone else? I'm not even trying to start something, I'm genuinely wondering what I'm missing.