Star Wars: The Last Jedi Official Teaser Trailer Released

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Luke tries to train a new generation of Jedi, Han and Leia's emo teenage daughter throws a temper tantrum and destroys it and then goes on to join the empire 2.0.

Now there is a new, extremely powerful dark side user who is using their power to inflict death and destruction on the innocent and what does Luke do. Dose he step up and fix his mess. Nope, he goes and sulks in a cave for 20 years.

I have issues with the old EU but I think I will stick with that. At least it had a Luke who was active in trying to better the galaxy. I will take that over new mopey Luke.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
hentropy said:
Ukomba said:
*face palm* Oh my god, they straight up stole the Legacy of the Force symbol from the EU along with the story line. -_-
I'd think people would be happy that they're actually incorporating elements of the EU rather than ignoring all of it...? Then again I never really got hardcore Star Wars fans.

The trailer looks pretty good, but I can't wait to see every youtube theorize do a "special episode" trying to analyze every pixel of it.
The thing you need to understand about the old EU is that when it was good it was really good and when it was bad it was really, really bad. They seem to be drawing elements from the Legacy of the Force series which is mostly agreed as being in the latter category.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
Gizmo1990 said:
hentropy said:
Ukomba said:
*face palm* Oh my god, they straight up stole the Legacy of the Force symbol from the EU along with the story line. -_-
I'd think people would be happy that they're actually incorporating elements of the EU rather than ignoring all of it...? Then again I never really got hardcore Star Wars fans.

The trailer looks pretty good, but I can't wait to see every youtube theorize do a "special episode" trying to analyze every pixel of it.
The thing you need to understand about the old EU is that when it was good it was really good and when it was bad it was really, really bad. They seem to be drawing elements from the Legacy of the Force series which is mostly agreed as being in the latter category.
My only real flirtation with the EU were the KOTOR games (not so much the comics), and all I know is that if they modeled a character after Bastila or started talking about the Rakata or started lifting some philosophical gray Jedi/force wound stuff from KOTOR2 then I wouldn't really see it as theft or ripping off, I'd see it as giving the good elements of the EU room to shine in the main series, and I'd probably love it for knowing about it before it was cool.

But different strokes, I guess. I don't know enough about Legacy or other aspects of the EU to comment on it so I won't.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I like it a lot.

Also, I'm inclined to agree with the interpretation that Luke wants a balance of dark side and light, which means the Jedi kind of have to go being just the other extreme on the spectrum. Still, I'd have to laugh if the people panicking about his line are correct and he's randomly decided to go evil. I would not see that coming...

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
Anyone else here annoyed about how the concept of the " Light " side of the force wormed it's way into Starwars.

The force isn't this thing with Two halves split down the middle. It's " The Force " and The Darkside which is simply the seduction to misusing the force.

Redvenge

Oct 14, 2014
Winnosh said:
Anyone else here annoyed about how the concept of the " Light " side of the force wormed it's way into Starwars.
No.
Winnosh said:
The force isn't this thing with Two halves split down the middle. It's " The Force " and The Darkside which is simply the seduction to misusing the force.
I don't think it is that literal. It seems to be a catchy way to quickly differentiate between the two philosophies. As an epic saga, the movies all have very clearly defined "good guys" and "bad guys". In such a binary universe, it makes sense to have the polarized ideologies have opposite, yet instantly recognizable names.