Star Wars: The Will of The Force

Rolling Thunder

Dec 23, 2007
"Not really" drawled the seven-foot mercenary. "I'm sure you could quite as easily claim to have orchestrated the Gammorean massacres, seventeen seperate Sith victories and the murder of those three Jedi Masters on Dantonis IV. Well, maybe not the last one. I was there, after all, and-" another ragged, desperate bout of coughing interrupted him, erupting throug his chest until another hunk of charred tissue landed on the floor with a final, wet thump.

"Damn" wheezed Drang. "This is getting irritating."

Revenent

Nov 5, 2008
Ald listened to Pestilence's wild and self-pleasing claims with a tepid mixture of disdain and disinterest.

"Is there any chance we may focus on the present?"

Emperor Inferno

Jun 5, 2008
"Oh, no. No, I would never claim all those things, with the exception of a few Sith victories in battle. But I did orchestrate Athrix's death. You're going to like this.

Athrix was a great Sith Lord, one of my favorites. But he had an unfortunate habit of killing all my other good Sith at the slightest provocation. My instructions not to do so and my threats as to what would happen if he did, did nothing to slow him down cutting a bloody path through my army.

I set up a battle, one that I knew would get him killed. I sent him to the Yavin base, claiming that he had an important job to do. He was very excited. But it was a lie. I realised that it was the perfect ruse to bring Logan out of hiding, wishing so desperately to redeem his sins and gain vengeance against Athrix. All of the events at Yavin IV happened just so I could get rid of an annoying Sith and my traitor grandson.

So, tell me, my giant friend. How do you feel knowing what you went through was useless, that you were unwittingly doing my will?"

The realization settled in on all of them that Pestilence was telling the truth as his delighted laughter filled the room.

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
Kael glanced down and saw that Kamenev was straining at his bonds.

"You do realise that these were custom made for you, You *might* be able to get out of them but I severely doubt that. Why don't you just hand them over?"

"Hand what over asshole?"

"The Lockpicks in your hand. Or do I have to beat them out of you like I used to?"

Kael pinched a nerve in his brothers arm, forcing it to go limp. He scooped up the lockpicks and put them in his back pocket

"Sorry Brother. Revenge is good business. Pestilence. I need to talk to you about an important matter, mind if I put them to sleep so we can continue this charming discussion later?"

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
Darth Mobius said:
Alright guys, make it good since I have decided NOT to leave the Escapist, YET. I am going to see how this pans out, and if my other RP doesn't flop, I may just stay on for quite a while yet...
COunt me in for that one btw... I'll whip some stuff up eventually

revolverwolf

Jul 1, 2008
"This all seems a bit of a roundabout way to kill 2 people. You're evil. You could simply have stabbed them in the head a couple of times and be done with it."

Emperor Inferno

Jun 5, 2008
"Oh, no. Not Logan. He was very smart. As powerful as I am, I could not find him. I had to orchestrate an event that would bring him out of hiding."

Rolling Thunder

Dec 23, 2007
You do realise that you can't actually disable someone by blocking a nerve, unless you actually sever it? You're better of applying preassure to tendons.

"Gah" muttered Drang, as his brother stole away his electro-picks. Close to five hundred credits worth of expensive electronics - five hundred credits he was unlikely to ever see again, knowing Kael's disdain for other people's possessions. How abjectly irritating; to be standing here, bound, exchanging wit and wisdom with a Sith Lord. Again.

"Useless? Now, Pestilence, you should really try harder to be more....demoralising. 'You were merely puppets' is all well and good" Drang sneered, "but as I've pointed out before, it really is not that likely to cause much despair. If you could prove it, well, maybe they would be filled with grief and rage and the inevitable self-doubt that all good people feel the need to feel when they've been manipulated...but I doubt it" Drang concluded, drawing out the sentance between his teeth as he stood, quietly crushing the too-human fear that spasmed in his limbs as he spoke to Pestilence.

"Speaking for myself, Pestilence...I'd thank you. Killing Athrix was damn good fun, I must say - best fun I've had since I defected! So thank you, my Lord" he finished, excecuting a sarcastic bow. "Thank you, and goodnight."

And with those words, Kamenev Drang dissappeared into a flashing blur of darkness.

Emperor Inferno

Jun 5, 2008
Pestilence put out a hand, invoking a very powerful Force Grasp. Kamenev appeared in mid-air, held aloft and unable to breathe. Pestilence laughed at the pathetic attempt at escape.

"Now, now, none of that. I'll have none of that at all. Did you think I could not sense your presence in the Force? Did you think to fool me with a cheap parlor trick of vanishing? No, no. You'll have to do far better than that."

He lowered Drang to the ground and did not stop pushing. The gargantuan mutant was crushed into the stone floor, laying on his side, he continued to flatten; the sounds of joints popping and bones breaking echoed throughout the chamber along with the Lord's sadistic laughter. Finally, he released Drang and snapped his fingers. Chains leaped off the floor and bound him at every joint, keeping a constant, extreme pressure on his entire body.

Still chuckling to himself, Pestilence rose from his throne.

"If you'll excuse me, my pathetic friends, I have some business to attend to. Guards, kill them immediately if you even begin to suspect an attempt at escape. And make sure the large one's chains stay tight."

With that, he strode out of the room. The three Dark Jedi Masters who served as his personal guards closed in on the group, standing around them with lightsabers drawn, remaining perfectly still and regarding them with cold, unblinking eyes.

This is your chance. Escape, and try to find Jallil. Keep in mind that what was really holding you all down was the weight of Pestilence's power, which is gone now. You can now break the chains. You can't take the guards head-on, but there are other options. I'm sure you can come up with something.

Revenent

Nov 5, 2008
As soon as Pestilence was out of the room, Ald combined his Force Sense and Force Concealment powers to search the facility for Jalill, simultaneously hiding the search from the three guards. It was strainful work, but the expressionless Neti made no signal of this.

Rolling Thunder

Dec 23, 2007
Drang's pretty much out of commission unless he can be freed (Inferno made this much pretty clear), so I'm not going to be able to help with the escape until someone gets these damn chains off me, and even then, he's pretty mangled.

Rabid Toilet

Mar 23, 2008
God moding much, Samel? Inferno just said we couldn't take them head on. They are Masters, after all. I highly doubt you could have killed one of them that easy anyway. I'm going to refrain from posting for the moment, since I'm not sure if that needs to be edited or not. Think Inferno wanted us to come up with something a bit more original than "I get up and kill everything now".

Emperor Inferno

Jun 5, 2008
Rabid Toilet said:
God moding much, Samel? Inferno just said we couldn't take them head on. They are Masters, after all. I highly doubt you could have killed one of them that easy anyway. I'm going to refrain from posting for the moment, since I'm not sure if that needs to be edited or not. Think Inferno wanted us to come up with something a bit more original than "I get up and kill everything now".
I do indeed want something more original and creative. And that was a little too simple. Look at it this way. They are your typical Dark Masters. They are all out, strightforward power. Find a way around that, come up with a creative way to fool them and be really sneaky, come up with something good enough, and you can defeat them that way. Don't bother editing that post, just edit it to say ignore it and put your new post right after this one. Everyone else, wait for revolverwolf to post, that way we can keep the flow going.

revolverwolf

Jul 1, 2008
I've looked at this for the best part of a day and I still have NO idea what Samel can do here. His Force powers are useless, since they are all based around making his life easier in a fair battle, and he has no weapons. Everyone else has powers they can use to subdue the guards fairly easily, but Samel can't tell them that in any way!

Jebha can put people into a catatonic state, Kilit can absorb blaster shots and lightsaber attacks (why was he not doing this earlier?) and Ald can simply slip out of his cuffs, subdue a guard then allow either Samel or Jebha to heal any damage he receives. And I can't think of any thing Samel can do until he is free and rearmed.

Seriously. Someone else take this bit.

Rabid Toilet

Mar 23, 2008
Suppose I'll throw my hat into the ring then. Inferno, I've got an idea or two for how to get out of this, but I was wondering if you'd mind describing the room we're in. Any important features, items and whatnot. Knowing what I have available would be a great help. Might give the others some ideas too, rather than having to rely on what they know about their own characters.

Emperor Inferno

Jun 5, 2008
The room is a simple room made of stone. It is perfectly circular and smooth. The only objects in the room are Pestilence's throne, which is a simple yet ornate throne of stone and gold with black cushioning, and the other objects in the room are the chains holding you guys down. The lighting is low. That's pretty much it. Now, for God's sake, somebody do something, I'm getting sick of this game regularly slowing down into nothing.