Star Wars Uncut: A Fan Remake , 15 Seconds at a Time

Spleenbag

Dec 16, 2007
I just claimed one of my favorite bits - nobody else had even tried this one yet, and I'm happy. It's a toss-up as to whether I act it out with a friend in real life or make something in Garry's Mod.

jebbo

Jul 17, 2009
This looks so cool, if theres any decent scenes left me and my mate might have to drag the old video camera out. We used to make stupid stop motion movies out of star wars figures years ago when we were teenagers!

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
This is going to be extremely stupid. The people who submit segments will be the only ones who watch it and everyone else will just sigh and ruminate on how stupid and worthless the internet has become. Seriously, redoing a classic in a silly and ridiculous way that could never yield a quality product. It's derivative and lame.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Flunk said:
This is going to be extremely stupid. The people who submit segments will be the only ones who watch it and everyone else will just sigh and ruminate on how stupid and worthless the internet has become. Seriously, redoing a classic in a silly and ridiculous way that could never yield a quality product. It's derivative and lame.
It'll be good if they get more clips that are better than people using random crap around their house. The Tatooine action scene where they find R2 is awesome.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Yeah, as if Star Wars needed to be raped any further. With the, already infinite number of shitty fan films out there, this just makes me want to puke.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Lucasfilm has been pretty lenient about fan films in the past, but remaking the original, even just using 15 second clips, is a bit more ambitious. Really hope it doesn't get shut down, 'cause it sounds great.

And to all you who hated the prequel trilogy, I find your lack of faith disturbing.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
That looks absolutely hilariously awesome. Really dumb at the same time but dumb is funny here and again and I havnt enjoyed anything really stupid in a while.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Malygris said:
Your 15 seconds await!
No, your 15 seconds await! I dare The Escapist crew to take on at least one 15 Seconds video, staring Susan Arendt as Princess Leia. There's a shortage of beautiful women playing her. Time to make up for it!

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
Strategia said:
I started giggling like a madman about halfway through. I'm thinking about maybe doing a scene myself, it looks like tons of fun.
This. The giggling part, at least. I couldn't contain it. It just makes me so happy.

Hearing Darth Vader "Your powers are weak old man." and then seeing the little kid grinning with a lightsaber was beautiful.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Flunk said:
You, sir, are a funsucker.
matrix3509 said:
Yeah, as if Star Wars needed to be raped any further. With the, already infinite number of shitty fan films out there, this just makes me want to puke.
So are you. For shame!

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Seen as how I was up last night till 3am watch the New Hope on the internet and am still on a high from it this looks like alot of fun // Sure part of it are goin to be so bad you are goin to want to suck your own eyes out (prob most of the live action bit) but there are goin to be some 'Win' part of it too

Just no one tell George, cos he will prob rerelease/remaster the first(and only) three movies to look likes this just so he can make a few extra bucks

-M

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Malygris said:
So are you. For shame!
Excuse me for finding no fun in making a "tribute" to a franchise that has already been raped so hard it can no longer tell the difference between mommy and daddy.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
What the....? Who thought up this idea. Just when I thought we couldn't get worse than the prequels. Just messing people :p

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
The greatest sweding of a movie to ever happen on the face of our lonely planet. I can't wait to see this thing finished up.

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
As a well known (and quite annoying) pop-up said way to many times: "OH MY GOSH, NO WAY!" http://vimeo.com/6149148

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
This will be hilarious ad infinitum. 15 Seconds for about an hour and a half is roughly 360 entries. O wow, it'll be chaos, pure and utter chaos, and I'm going to love every second of it.