Star Wars VII Gets Official Release Date

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
*The Movie Guy Voice* In a world enslaved by mouseketeer hat wearing corporate monsters, one man will race against the sands of time to try to save an entire universe from the brink of destruction. You'll tremble in suspense at the reveal of wannabe and never was actors who will join our intrepid hero on his journey. You'll cheer with joy at the news a shooting script has finally been prepared. You'll scream in horror when you finally see the absolute clusterfuck a film becomes when you hire a director known for stories with mysteries that never pay off and plot points that tend to go nowhere, and then force him to finish a film with a gun to his head. You'll weep with frustration at yet another missed opportunity to bring a beloved fiction universe back from the dead. True Star Wars fans, prepare your anus for the ride of a lifetime. It's ... who really gives a fuck at this point... In 3D

sinsfire

Nov 17, 2009
wooty said:
sinsfire said:
wooty said:
As will the "old guard" who grew up with Eps 4, 5 & 6 as they're now known.
I'm confused by the statement "as they're now known" 4, 5, and 6 have always been 4, 5, and 6. It said so right in the opening scroll, "Episode IV: A New Hope" etc. Why would they just now be called 4, 5, and 6. Or am I missing some new lingo since I stopped paying attention the clusterf*ck that is about to land at the end of 2015 (apparently).
I was more thinking that when the original 1977 Star Wars was released, it wouldn't of been called Episode 4, seeing as it was the first one out. I assume the originals only received the numbers 4,5 & 6 once The Phantom Menace was released. But I might be wrong/too young to remember.
No its cool I won't beat up on you or anything your post just confused me so I wanted to clarify.

The opening scrolls for each of the first three released have always read Episode IV: A New Hope, Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, and Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (originally titled Revenge of the Jedi). Those numbers were not added in when the 1,2,3 movies were released.

sinsfire

Nov 17, 2009
KazeAizen said:
No he released Empire under the moniker of 5. He didn't expect to get that sequel in the first place. Star Wars was just gonna be a one off. Still after its huge success he decided to build a bigger world and made those movie 4,5, and 6. That's putting it very very very simply.
New hope was always titled Star Wars, Episode IV: A New Hope. That was one of the hooks. People couldn't understand why he was starting a story in the middle. He wrote the original trilogy but never expected it to make it past ep 4. But he always titled them in such a way that you knew it was the middle of the larger story.

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
sinsfire said:
KazeAizen said:
No he released Empire under the moniker of 5. He didn't expect to get that sequel in the first place. Star Wars was just gonna be a one off. Still after its huge success he decided to build a bigger world and made those movie 4,5, and 6. That's putting it very very very simply.
New hope was always titled Star Wars, Episode IV: A New Hope. That was one of the hooks. People couldn't understand why he was starting a story in the middle. He wrote the original trilogy but never expected it to make it past ep 4. But he always titled them in such a way that you knew it was the middle of the larger story.
I'm not sure. Maybe he did write the original 3 but it was initially released as Star Wars. Plane and simple.

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
*The Movie Guy Voice*

In a world enslaved by mouseketeer hat wearing corporate monsters, one man will race against the sands of time to try to save an entire universe from the brink of destruction.

You'll tremble in suspense at the reveal of wannabe and never was actors who will join our intrepid hero on his journey. You'll cheer with joy at the news a shooting script has finally been prepared. You'll scream in horror when you finally see the absolute clusterfuck a film becomes when you hire a director known for stories with mysteries that never pay off and plot points that tend to go nowhere .. oh and fucking lens flairs aplenty, and then force him to finish a film with a gun to his head. You'll weep with frustration at yet another missed opportunity to bring a beloved fiction universe back from the dead.

True Star Wars fans, prepare your anus for the ride of a lifetime. It's ... who really gives a fuck at this point ... In 3D

Shymer

Feb 23, 2011
The film may not make profit given the likely massive cost of production. On the other hand, sales of the megatons of Star Wars merchandise that will hit the shelves just prior to Christmas can be supported by the movie hype maximising revenues and thus likely profit. One giant lens-flare advert steam-roller for the season of giving.

So much for "anchoring the holiday film-going season".

sinsfire

Nov 17, 2009
KazeAizen said:
sinsfire said:
KazeAizen said:
I'm not sure. Maybe he did write the original 3 but it was initially released as Star Wars. Plane and simple.
Yes the movie was called Star Wars, but the opening scroll that you read before the movie starts says "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope"

Also that should probably be plain and simple, just saying...

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Episode 7 has the potential to answer so many of the fans burning questions:

- Will the empire qualify for an economic bailout with the loss of the second death star?
- Are the stormtrooper injuries incurred by the indigenous ewok covered by their health insurance?
- Will trade taxation laws continue to hinder the outer rim planets?
- Will droids ever be the granted equal rights to access public bars as patrons?

I can't wait!

the7ofswords

Apr 9, 2009
sinsfire said:
KazeAizen said:
sinsfire said:
KazeAizen said:
Yes the movie was called Star Wars, but the opening scroll that you read before the movie starts says "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope"

Should be, but it's not. Why? Because when Star Wars was originally released in 1977 there was no "Episode IV: A New Hope" at the beginning of the crawl. Lucas wasn't originally sure he was going to make the prequel films, so he just titled it Star Wars with no colons or addenda.

The "Episode IV" bit was added in for the 1981 re-release, in order to fit with the new structure, post Empire. In other words, Lucas started tampering with them before he was even done with the OT, not just for the Special Editions.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
sinsfire said:
KazeAizen said:
sinsfire said:
KazeAizen said:

Originally it only said 'Star Wars'. After ESB, in the rereleases, was it changed to episode 4.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070428023320/s__/starwars/images/9/94/Opening_Crawl.jpg

sinsfire

Nov 17, 2009
the7ofswords said:
Should be, but it's not. Why? Because when Star Wars was originally released in 1977 there was no "Episode IV: A New Hope" at the beginning of the crawl. Lucas wasn't originally sure he was going to make the prequel films, so he just titled it Star Wars with no colons or addenda.

The "Episode IV" bit was added in for the 1981 re-release, in order to fit with the new structure, post Empire. In other words, Lucas started tampering with them before he was even done with the OT, not just for the Special Editions.
Ok point made I concede, but that does not change the fact that the notion of the OT being 4,5 and 6 is not new and that was what I was originally questioning way back at the start.

Also, my use of the term plain and simple was in reference to the improper use of the spelling plane and simple.

Spaceman Spiff said:
Originally it only said 'Star Wars'. After ESB, in the rereleases, was it changed to episode 4.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070428023320/s__/starwars/images/9/94/Opening_Crawl.jpg
Point made, I concede, see above.

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
There are auditions for the 2 lead roles close to where I live next week.
I'm going. Jedi knighthood awaits me.

the7ofswords

Apr 9, 2009
sinsfire said:
the7ofswords said:
Ok point made I concede, but that does not change the fact that the notion of the OT being 4,5 and 6 is not new and that was what I was originally questioning way back at the start.
Well, no, it's certainly not a new concept at this point, I'll agree. I was just mentioning that it wasn't that way originally.

No big deal, in any case.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME!!! I, along with others don't want a rushed flop of a movie. They'll sell out on release day, but get nothing the following weeks. Then they'll blame the director rather than their timetables forcing out an unfinished product. It should be ready when it's ready. Not a day more or a day less.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
So we know everything about the movie... except what it will actually be about. >_>

Well, I'll tell you this much. I won't be comparing this movie to the past ones that have been made. I'll be comparing this movie to other good movies. Ultimately, I don't care if follows along the lines of 1-3 or 4-6. What matters is that the plot makes sense and is compelling.

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
sinsfire said:
KazeAizen said:
sinsfire said:
KazeAizen said:

You are wrong. This is the original.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKRIUiyF0N4

sinsfire

Nov 17, 2009
KazeAizen said:
sinsfire said:
KazeAizen said:
sinsfire said:
KazeAizen said:

You are wrong. This is the original.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKRIUiyF0N4
Yup I already copped to that about 10 posts ago, but I stand by the fact that it should be plain and simple :)