Starbucks May Become Your Angry Birds Stomping Ground

FaceFaceFace

Nov 18, 2009
I like this idea. I've never liked playing games for score, though, so while I do love Angry Birds, I won't be participating. Plus I don't drink caffeine anymore...

Also, pun about birds.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Let's just see how long until this Angry Birds thing lays an egg...
[sub] and then shoots up into the stratosphere at a precarious angle with suicidal intention to destroy.[/sub]

Seriously though, as *great* as Angry Birds is can be, I have to cry fowl* about this drawn out infatuation. Idunno, maybe I just get absolutely bored to tears after several minutes and want to do something - anything - else so I just don't know duck-all about the subject. But will it take some bizarre astral event coinciding with the alignment of the planets for another popular app game to hatch? Although I suppose that considering how I have yet to find a single phone app game that is worth anything more than killing a few minutes, which suits this proposed situation perfectly, regardless.

There is also the risk of some experiencing extreme frustration amidst other patrons, which could really Black-Bird in Starbuck's face when one person goes off the handle after the fiftieth failed attempt at exacting bacon-revenge.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
This game gets really old really fast in my opinion. I wonder how many people will still be playing it when they actually implement that system.
By the way, what sort of high score system can you make with this game? I uses 1-3 stars to rate your performance and on most levels getting 3 stars isn't that difficult.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
I have this game.I've never even loaded it. Maybe if they offered free coffee for it...

<-- Is now craving a white chocolate mocha, hot, with espresso, no whipped cream and chocolate powder.

Srs bzns

Feb 4, 2011
Starbucks = Annoying hipsters
Annoying hipsters = iPhones, iPads, etc.
iParaphernalia = Angry Birds.

These guys know their target demographic well. Kudos to them.

Lhianon

Aug 28, 2011
it is a nice idea marketingwise, but i highly doubt this will result in any kind of "competitive" gaming, the last time i checked real competitive games were games like star craft, counter strike or dota, you know, games were you can actually win money in tournaments.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Of all of Rovio's crackpot world conquering ideas, this has to be the best. It can actually work, and be a lot of fun!