Starcraft 2 Beta Going Offline in Two Weeks

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
awe, I just started raking in some wins, too (3 consecutive wins today, thanks to a new build I made). whatever, I guess I'll have to play warcraft 3 in the meantime to work on my micro, and SC1 because it's win.

Austin MacKenzie

Jan 26, 2010
John Funk said:
I am irrationally upset that I'm not going to get to play a game I haven't yet paid a single cent for for a month.

Hm.
You mean you haven't already paid for the Collector's Edition in full? I am amazed.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
shotgunbob said:
Poor Koreans :(

Oh well back to SC1
Man I get really annoyed when I see the word "Korean" and some other adjective describing them in a Starcraft thread. There not some Starcraft crazed game junkies that will go into depression when Starcraft 2 isn't available.

Damn it I haven't even played yet. Oh well there always is piracy waiting.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
its a good chance it will be an open beta when it goes back online a few week b4 it release :D

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
Well, I guess I'll have to use what time I have left as good as I can.

[sub]I want that damn Ghost portrait![/sub]

Baconmonster723

Mar 4, 2009
Eldritch Warlord said:
Baconmonster723 said:
Dude. I'm just happy they are doing beta right. Unlike the FPS abortion (pardon my lack of tact with that comment) that is the Halo: Reach Beta. Starcraft II looks to be (all original fans hold your breath) possibly even better than Starcraft. It's so good I'm already clearing my work schedule the week it comes out........
The Halo: Reach Beta and StarCraft II Beta are for different purposes. StarCraft II Beta focuses on game mechanics with code testing as a bonus. Halo: Reach Beta focuses on code testing with game mechanics as a bonus. This can really be attributed entirely to the difference between an FPS and an RTS.

Or did you mean to say that Halo: Reach just isn't good? Well, that's just like, your opinion man.
Yup definately just my opinion. Don't worry I'm not trying to convince anyone of my opinion but if they are simply code testing good for them still won't buy it if it isn't better balanced with the final copy. Honestly if they are focusing on code testing in the beta they need to rethink a few things, because weapons and perks really aren't balanced at all. Again. This is just my stance, not the end all tell all of what must happen.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Austin MacKenzie said:
Starcraft 2 is due out July 27.
I just got another e-mail from GameStation, and it looks like the release date has been pushed back again, from July 27th to July 30th. Anyone else starting to get worried that we might now see it until September? =/