Starstruck! What famous people have you met?

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Skiisk said:
Being 'star struck' is so utterly stupid I can't even wrap my head around the whole concept. Someone help me out a bit: so you see someone who has appeared in a movie or in that glowing box with a glass wall that sits on the corner of your room and tells you what to think, and what happens then exactly? Do you get something? Do you win something? Is your life improved somehow? Do you get respect from your peers because you happened to buy from the same batch of Cornflakes as some celebrity? Because if so then you might want to change peers.

They are people. You know, like you. Or your friends, or your family. There are quite a lot of people all around you, just like the ones that you've seen in movies. Do you get off when you spot one of them in the grocery store?

I just don't get it. Don't you have any real accomplishments you could brag about? Is that it?
Somebody's jealous.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
i did encounter a bunch of famous people in my life, but most of them are only famous locally. so even if i tell you for exemple that i took a plane with pierre curzy, and meet the cowboy fringants before they were famous, not much chance that anybody would know what i'm talking about.

i guess the most internation encounter i had, was with former F1 pilot Jacques Villeneuve. he was invited in our store by intel for the promotion around the Montreal grand prix (at this time he was still active). i helped him to sit in the racing simulator that intel had installed in my departement, and we had a chance to talk to him and get things signed by him at the end in the backstore.

launchpadmcqwak

Dec 6, 2011
Kyoh said:
A couple of years back, I saw Justin Bieber at a mall in Houston. A few seconds later I realized it was actually a thirteen year old girl.
how original...OT i met the guy who did the voice of master chief, and the lady who did the voice of trunks...fun

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
I've met Caleb Shomo and Andre Whiting (vocalist and guitarist of Attack Attack!) they were super nice guys, they actually started talking to me first.

I met the girl who played Blaire on The Facts of Life at a Maire Callanders, she was nice.

That's about it :p

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
Not me, personally, but my dad met... what was his name? Oh yeah, Frankie Valli, in an elevator once.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Grottnikk said:
I met Wayne Gretzky when I was a kid. Got the pic to prove it, too :). He wasn't much more than 19 or 20 at the time. He was very shy compared to the guy you see in commercials these days. Nice guy, though :).
Gee, and I thought it was cool that I met Jarome Iginla. Nice guy too btw. A lot bigger in person than he looks on tv.

Skiisk

Apr 2, 2010
OlasDAlmighty said:
Somebody's jealous.
Of what, exactly? Or of whom, exactly? The only thing famous people have that I don't have is money, and money is something I'm perfectly capable of acquiring myself.

I did a small survey about this star struck business because it really is something I just don't understand, and it's bugging me. I mean do famous people hand out orgasms or something, because if so then I might get into it as well. Anyway, nobody really seemed to understand it, other than it being 'cool'. So I figured it's probably just something people of lower intellect like to do and that I will never understand, much like religion or watching Big Brother.

Guess I'm just too far above the average joe. Oh well, it's not a bad place to be.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
kickyourass said:
Never directly, but my uncle once met (as in had a conversation with) Patrick Stewart, AKA a man I would forfeit whole limbs to meet, and my sister saw Summer Glau in a supermarket once.

The closest I've come myself is, I met Drake on Chat Roulette once at least I think it was him.
One of my friends is goiung to to Huddersfield University where Patrick Stewart is the Chancellor. Even got to meet him on an open day.

Anyway, I once met Sienna Miller when she and Keira Knightley were filming a scene in my small Welsh town. Even got my picture taken with her.
Oh, and my mum's friend once met Orlando Bloom in a supermarket without realising it. They talked about which lettuce to buy.

El Dwarfio

Jan 30, 2012
Ahem,

Rolf Harris, Matt Lucas, Elton John, Ricky Gervais and the Queen.

I know I've met a few more, like the fat lady from Matilda and some old BBC presenter, but I forget their names.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Not sure if I have, I'm not one to remember famous people. They're just like you and I, except they've had publicity. My dad/other family members have met quite a few though. But seriously, why would they go to Newport?
(To get to Cardiff, obviously)

Whitewillow

Mar 30, 2010
I met Elijah Wood a couple of years ago. If we're talking six degrees of separation, however, my downstairs neighbour met Carrie Fisher. And my old manager literally bumped in to Chris Pine.

SycoMantis91

Dec 21, 2011
ICP popped in the gas station my mom's ex worked at after a local show so I met them there.

Zakk Wylde after a Black Label Society show.

Lou Gramm (Foreigner lead singer) at a pizza place. He's actually from where I live, so I suppose it's not exactly a huge deal around these parts.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
I spent about half an hour with Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock when they visited my zoo. I work with elephants and the owner of the zoo is one of the Dukes of England (his wife went to college with Sandra). That was pretty cool, they were both very nice people, very friendly and humble.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
I'd love to meet Brad Jones from http://www.thecinemasnob.com/ and we actually live in the same state, but I never really met anyone famous.

Gerishnakov

Jun 15, 2010
I've met Richard Dawkins. I've also met Nick Clegg, before he was Deputy Prime Minister, and I'm not sure if he counts as famous.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
A number of years ago my nan lived next to Julie Walters, the woman who played Molly Weasley in the Harry Potter series. She's moved into much bigger homes by now but back then I talked to her quite often (was around 10yo or so). Even had tea a few times. She's a lovely woman, very polite and I'm happy to see she's made such success.
We no longer meet as she's too far away now but we're still on each others Christmas card list.

I've also had Kevin Smith and Alice Cooper sign stuff for me but I don't count that as "meeting them"

mirasiel

Jul 12, 2010
Queen Elizabeth II and various Rangers & Celtic players.

Not at the same time obviously.

Jan 11, 2009
No one that big really but:
Daniel Sloss after a show of his, I shook hands and shared about 3 words with John Mayer pretty much during a show of his and Ewan McGregor and the other one from Long Way Round since the producer's daughter goes to my school so they dropped by before they went (I wwas about 8 at the time)