State of Play 5-27 Horizon: Forbidden West Discussion

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I posted this in the Gaming News thread, but alright we can discuss it on it's own here.

I loved the original game, and I'm looking massively forward to what they do with this one. Sadly I do think it's going to be more of the same, but with better graphics and possibly a bigger scope. I don't know if I'm upset about that, or fine with it.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I posted this in the Gaming News thread, but alright we can discuss it on it's own here.

I loved the original game, and I'm looking massively forward to what they do with this one. Sadly I do think it's going to be more of the same, but with better graphics and possibly a bigger scope. I don't know if I'm upset about that, or fine with it.
I really liked the world and the gameplay but found the story (tribal fighting and big bad evil) to be pretty boring (although the identity of the big bad was fun). I also found Aloy to be one of the least interesting character ever but I never liked Mary Sue character but I know a lot of people like them so that's probably just me.

Aloy is coming back and since most of the mystery about how the world came to be this way is already explored they're probably going to double down on the tribal part and the big bad wanting to be big bad. So I'm not sure if I really care about it, probably will wait for it to come to PC in 10 years.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I really liked the world and the gameplay but found the story (tribal fighting and big bad evil) to be pretty boring (although the identity of the big bad was fun).
on the surface the story is pretty generic. But I really like the way they explained the robots and the apocalypse. I thought the setting itself was enough to overcome the issues with a slightly cliche'd story.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
on the surface the story is pretty generic. But I really like the way they explained the robots and the apocalypse. I thought the setting itself was enough to overcome the issues with a slightly cliche'd story.
Oh yeah definitely, I really liked the "modern day" aspect, I wouldn't say the explanation for how the world became the way it was is perfect but I honestly can't think of anyway it could have been done better (I just don't like how they kept having the rich guy always fucking everything up). When I say story I mean more the fight between the kingdoms and against the cultist. It just felt boring and didn't really mesh well with the world, I was there for giant mecha dyno, I expected the story to be about the giant mecha dyno.

I guess there is one interesting sequel hook I could see myself linking and that's the underground bunker that are supposed to still exist, those could be opened up, but it's almost certainly going to end up with the people from the bunker being just generic evil against the pure native.