Steam Client Beta Patch Notes: REFUNDS!

Godlikebuthumble

Sep 10, 2008
So, apparently Steam is going to offer refunds with a timeframe of 2 weeks, provided you didn't play longer than 2 hours.
In light of the upcoming Summer Sale, that might be a critical move.
Your thoughts?

Full story:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/06/valve-begins-offering-refunds-for-all-steam-games/

nomotog_v1legacy

Jun 21, 2013
Neat. Two hours isn't really enough time to know if a game is good or not, but it would be long enough to find out if it works. I am kind of puzzled why they didn't do this sooner. The lack of a return ability has been one of the biggest PC thorns. It happens far too often that I buy a PC game only to find out after that I can't play it.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Refunds should have always been an option I honestly dont know how they got around this basic consumer right, just having a box at the end saying if you buy this you agree to refunds is not good enough you would never get away with that policy in a store.

Its good they are finally doing it but when they say refunds I take it they mean store credit so they basically just keep the money anyway if it is an actual refund i.e giving you your money back not as store credit I take it back but that is all I got when I got a `refund` out of them once and the money is still sitting there in my steam account and with the amount I spend on steam I reckon it will be sitting there for a long time to come.

Godlikebuthumble

Sep 10, 2008
Maximum Bert said:
Refunds should have always been an option I honestly dont know how they got around this basic consumer right, just having a box at the end saying if you buy this you agree to refunds is not good enough you would never get away with that policy in a store.

Its good they are finally doing it but when they say refunds I take it they mean store credit so they basically just keep the money anyway if it is an actual refund i.e giving you your money back not as store credit I take it back but that is all I got when I got a `refund` out of them once and the money is still sitting there in my steam account and with the amount I spend on steam I reckon it will be sitting there for a long time to come.
The way I read it in the notes, the refund will be worked out through the channel you paid by (eg PayPal), store credit only applies if they can't refund by the original channel.