Steam Expands Library to Non-Game Software

pwnzerstick

Mar 25, 2009
We can only speculate what kind of software will be available, but if steam can improve their cloud service for this addition, then I don't really have anything against it.

Atrocious Joystick

May 5, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
mad825 said:
Lol, funny. He's making his own Win8.
Exactly what I'm thinking.

Valve doesn't like the idea of an OS that comes with a store where you can buy all your games, software and what not in one place. So what do they do? Expand their service to do the exact same thing.

I don't like it.
I'm guessing the fact that they don't like an OS that comes with a store is because it would be a rival. Valve wants steam to be THE store for getting your games digitally. (And now also your everything else, now not being able to log in while offline will really be fun. Sorry son, you need an internet connection to open word.) A certain integrated store for games in a certain unnamed OS, could shake the status quo.

Boudica said:
New Steam service: Steamy--Adult Videos.

"Oh boy, the whole Barely 18 series for $100!"

Think of the sales! And the shame.
Then all they need is jump on the facebook integration bandwagon. Share your videos with your social circle! Gain acheivements by lasting longers than your friends!

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Horrible fucking idea, sadly with the size of Steams installer base it has no chance of failure.
Let's just hope enough software companies stay away from double dipping DRM, and cumbersome non stop crashing third party clients that take longer to start then my fucking OS.