Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Yeah, it sucks.

My wishlist:
Ace Combat 7 - My price is 15 dollars. Maybe 10. The only one I played was 4 on the PS2.
I've played 4 and 7 so far(5 and 0 are next on the list early next year).

If you liked 4, you'll likely enjoy 7. 7 plays better but it feels harder and the missions are longer(there's mid-mission checkpoints because of this and you'll be thankful for them in some missions). There's also some wierd immersion breaking stuff, like the whole prison arc(which like like 1/4 of the game) where you're supposed to be serving as cannon fodder for the enemy to shoot at but the missions more or less play exactly the same as the other 3/4, even down being able to use any plane you've acquired(and not an old junker F-4 or something like you'd be expected to have). It's even wierder when you can replay old missions using planes you've unlocked since then, so you can easily be wrecking shit with an F-22(which is one of the top tier planes you can unlock) when you're supposed to be struggling.

4 has a better story/mission flow. Like it mostly feels like an actual war/campaign. 7 has some very, very pretty cutscenes and production values and some great missions but the plot/story is all over the damn place. Like I swear they AC7 team started with like 5 different story ideas and eventually decided to stich them all together and by god it feels messy. It's also really awkward that you have people talking about you all the time like you're some kind of fighter jet demi-god(the DLC leans heavily into this) but you're a faceless mute with a callsign and that's about it.

"Who is Trigger?"
"Stick with Trigger and you'll make it"

Last edited:

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I've played 4 and 7 so far(5 and 0 are next on the list early next year).

If you liked 4, you'll likely enjoy 7. 7 plays better but it feels harder and the missions are longer(there's mid-mission checkpoints because of this and you'll be thankful for them in some missions). There's also some wierd immersion breaking stuff, like the whole prison arc(which like like 1/4 of the game) where you're supposed to be serving as cannon fodder for the enemy to shoot at but the missions more or less play exactly the same as the other 3/4, even down being able to use any plane you've acquired(and not an old junker F-4 or something like you'd be expected to have). It's even wierder when you can replay old missions using planes you've unlocked since then, so you can easily be wrecking shit with an F-22(which is one of the top tier planes you can unlock) when you're supposed to be struggling.

4 has a better story/mission flow. Like it mostly feels like an actual war/campaign. 7 has some very, very pretty cutscenes and production values and some great missions but the plot/story is all over the damn place. Like I swear they AC7 team started with like 5 different story ideas and eventually decided to stich them all together and by god it feels messy. It's also really awkward that you have people talking about you all the time like you're some kind of fighter jet demi-god(the DLC leans heavily into this) but you're a faceless mute with a callsign and that's about it.

"Who is Trigger?"
"Follow Trigger and you'll make it"
FYI for anyone who want more ace combat, there's a game called project wingman on steam. It's not out yet but it's very obviously trying to be a ace combat like game (apparently they started making it before AC7 came out thinking there wasn't going to be anymore AC game).

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
They got me one more time. $30 for "No Man's Sky". I hope to check out the VR ASAP.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
They got me one more time. $30 for "No Man's Sky". I hope to check out the VR ASAP.
The VR is pretty awesome on it.

I ended up grabbing Night in the Woods, Bulletstorm, Despotism 3k, Afterburn, Straimuim Immortaly, Skelly Selest, Spirits Abyss, Forsaken Remasterd and *redacted*.

Reactions: gorfias