Steam Login Issues

REmaster

Sep 9, 2009
Hello! I just created an account on Steam so that I could play Amnesia and it will not let me log in or change my password. I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if anyone knows a way to fix this.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
I've had tons of issues with Steam recently...

Are you trying to change your password from the website or from the Steam program itself? If you haven't installed Steam, do so now, and try to change your password from within the program. There will be a link named "Retrieve a lost account".

If you don't know what I'm talking about, follow these instructions [https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4988-DHXV-7272].

REmaster

Sep 9, 2009
Every time I try it says that the login failed and either the account does not exist or the password was wrong and that I need to check my account name and password and try again

REmaster

Sep 9, 2009
zombiesinc said:
I've had tons of issues with Steam recently...

Are you trying to change your password from the website or from the Steam program itself? If you haven't installed Steam, do so now, and try to change your password from within the program. There will be a link named "Retrieve a lost account".

If you don't know what I'm talking about, follow these instructions [https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4988-DHXV-7272].
I have tried to change the password from both the program and website and when I try it always says that either my password does not work or I got my security answer wrong.

zombiesinc

Mar 29, 2010
REmaster said:
I have tried to change the password from both the program and website and when I try it always says that either my password does not work or I got my security answer wrong.
It's telling you your password is wrong when? When you input a new one? If so, that may possibly be due to you using the one you already have on file, and some programs won't allow you to change it to the same one.

Your security answer may be wrong because it's case-sensitive.

If this continues, it may be easiest to send Steam an email inquiring about this issue. Although you'll have to wait until after the New Years holiday, at least you'll be getting help directly from them.

REmaster

Sep 9, 2009
zombiesinc said:
REmaster said:
It's telling you your password is wrong when? When you input a new one? If so, that may possibly be due to you using the one you already have on file, and some programs won't allow you to change it to the same one.

Your security answer may be wrong because it's case-sensitive.

If this continues, it may be easiest to send Steam an email inquiring about this issue. Although you'll have to wait until after the New Years holiday, at least you'll be getting help directly from them.
Yeah it is when I input a new one. It looks like I will have to wait for a reply from Steam. Thank you very much for your help!

zombiesinc

Mar 29, 2010
REmaster said:
Yeah it is when I input a new one. It looks like I will have to wait for a reply from Steam. Thank you very much for your help!
A shame we couldn't figure it out though. All the Steam sales end tomorrow, and I highly doubt they will get back to you before Monday or Tuesday. >.<

REmaster

Sep 9, 2009
Aylaine said:
REmaster said:
Every time I try it says that the login failed and either the account does not exist or the password was wrong and that I need to check my account name and password and try again
Are you positive you have all the information in there? A missing letter or number, or maybe even a case sensitive letter could be the culprit here. For the longest time though, I could not get into my Steam Account either because I kept using punctuation, but once I put in my password in all lowercase with the numbers, it finally worked.

Also, can't you resend your password to your registered email address? :eek:
I emailed steam and they worked it out! Thank you for your help though I really appreciate it!