Steam Reject Mutant Mudds Goes to GOG

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Folio said:
I didn't even know Steam could go so far to reject games. It looks... nice. But it doesn't make me want to buy it. It looks bland and simplistic with the background gimmick that has been done before.
C'mon designers, you are the ones who need to answer the questions: Why do I want to buy this game?
Because it's indie. Indie is an excuse to take clichéd, even tired, old games and market their faults as "charm" or "nostalgia."

Daemascus said:
It always bugs me that Steam will reject games like this but allow every shitty Source mod game to be sold. Or even worse, a broken mess of a game that doesn't work at all.
How dare you question Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam?

Elate said:
I can sorta see the logic, it looks very tangentially similar to a Mario game I guess, so perhaps they didn't want to leave them self open to lawsuit. Imo the game looks like crap and has been done better before.
If that's their reason, they need to remove a fuckton of games from their catalogue.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
Folio said:
I didn't even know Steam could go so far to reject games. It looks... nice. But it doesn't make me want to buy it. It looks bland and simplistic with the background gimmick that has been done before.
C'mon designers, you are the ones who need to answer the questions: Why do I want to buy this game?
Not only has it been done before, it's been done in 3D before [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Boy_Wario_Land] just like the original 3DS version of this game. And by before, I mean 1995. It was actually pretty good, as long as you're a fan of the color red. Heh.
:'D I am in love with the color red! It's my favourite! But I am also prone to headaches... So no thank you. >:I

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Folio said:
Because it's indie. Indie is an excuse to take clichéd, even tired, old games and market their faults as "charm" or "nostalgia."
Most indiegames do have the retro graphic feel and simplistic design like in old timey times and it has it's charm. But the ones that aren't special or memorable are the retro clones. VVVVVV Doesn't have some complicated controls, but it is fun and has tight gameplay. Heck, Minecraft, THE indiegame of the year, isn't even a game, it's an interactive toy. But people don't play it because it's just Indie. People play it because it's different, new, simple and non-intimidating. Also, it's cheap.

Chaptcha: old hat

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
So steam rejects the game so the argument that comes out is that the game must suck....come on guys why must you suck off valve so hard?
All the indie games that Valve approves are grade A game of the year candidates like
Revelations 2012
Steam even promoted the game for a while, because it was just that good.

Or the amazing game Fray
http://store.steampowered.com/app/210490/?snr=1_200_200_254_tab-NewReleasesFilteredDLC_2

Let's not pretend there is some magical seal of approval from steam that qualifies whether or not a game is good.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Rednog said:
I'm not here to argue anything, and I don't want to get into a lengthy discussion on Steam nor Valve as those sorts of "discussions" never end up going well around these parts. What with insults like "stupid fanboy" or "sheeple" getting tossed about.

However, I have to...just have to...point out the irony, or if you prefer hypocrisy, of the video.

Here we have a guy, TB, who endlessly bitches about how much he hates Steam. Seriously, he goes out of his way to whine about it in videos wherein Steam had no topical presence. He even makes it a point to say he prefers buying games anywhere but Steam.

Yet, here he is in this video complaining that "good games" (as in, games he likes) aren't getting released on Steam.

So, he complains about his favorite games being on Steam...then complains about them NOT being on Steam.

I swear the man has schizophrenia or something.

This is why I always have trouble listening to a word that vomits from that guys mouth. He often goes on endless, pointless tirades for no other reason than he wants to and, at the same time, often contradicts his own assertions.

Captcha:8th chevron

So now it's referencing Stargate? I approve of this.

[REDACTED]

Apr 30, 2012
Akalabeth said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Steam is God. If Steam rejected this game, it must be awful.

Steeeeeeeeeam.
You're such a pawn

Does this game look awful? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzTo6XUiIA4
Guess what, it's on Steam.

Just because it's on steam doesn't mean it's worthwhile, and just because it isn't on steam doesn't mean it's shit. List at 5:45

Piece of shit game is on Steam just because it's a source-engine game
The point.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Your head.

I know sarcasm is hard to detect over the internet, but come on...

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Vigormortis said:
Rednog said:
I'm not here to argue anything, and I don't want to get into a lengthy discussion on Steam nor Valve as those sorts of "discussions" never end up going well around these parts. What with insults like "stupid fanboy" or "sheeple" getting tossed about.

However, I have to...just have to...point out the irony, or if you prefer hypocrisy, of the video.

Here we have a guy, TB, who endlessly bitches about how much he hates Steam. Seriously, he goes out of his way to whine about it in videos wherein Steam had no topical presence. He even makes it a point to say he prefers buying games anywhere but Steam.

Yet, here he is in this video complaining that "good games" (as in, games he likes) aren't getting released on Steam.

So, he complains about his favorite games being on Steam...then complains about them NOT being on Steam.

I swear the man has schizophrenia or something.

This is why I always have trouble listening to a word that vomits from that guys mouth. He often goes on endless, pointless tirades for no other reason than he wants to and, at the same time, often contradicts his own assertions.

Captcha:8th chevron

So now it's referencing Stargate? I approve of this.
There is a very big difference between him saying that he hates that the game he bought forces him to use steam and saying it's unfair that valve deems this game unworthy of it being sold by them.

Heck, I'm in the same boat, I'm mad when I'm strong armed into having to register the game on steam for me to play it. I understand if it was a Valve game, yea sure I have to play it on steam. But why do I have to play random 3rd party game on steam also.
But at the same time I'm going to say hey if someone wants it on steam, then the game should be there for them.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Folio said:
Most indiegames do have the retro graphic feel and simplistic design like in old timey times and it has it's charm. But the ones that aren't special or memorable are the retro clones. VVVVVV Doesn't have some complicated controls, but it is fun and has tight gameplay. Heck, Minecraft, THE indiegame of the year, isn't even a game, it's an interactive toy. But people don't play it because it's just Indie. People play it because it's different, new, simple and non-intimidating. Also, it's cheap.

Chaptcha: old hat
A lot of people simply jumped on the Minecraft bandwagon. If you're arguing there is a correlation between quality and popularity, there's something wrong. Additionally, if Minecraft's precedent of unfinished games being purchased and Kickstrter are any indication, it should be clear that the games neither need to be "special" nor "memorable" to make a fuckton of money. Quite the opposite: people will pay for a game with little to no promise besides "indie."

[REDACTED]

Apr 30, 2012
Akalabeth said:
Thing is some people would say what he said without sarcasm. Furthermore sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, the preferred method by those who lack the ability to present their own views. I have no respect for it.

And as for points, what's yours exactly? You're not adding anything to the actual discussion.

You're the one who insulted someone out of a lack of reading comprehension. If that's adding something to the discussion, it's not anything good.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Akalabeth said:
See even the thing about sarcasm is that it needs a context, in order to satirize something you need an example to satirize. The article isn't supporting steam, nor is the one post in front of his post so what exactly is he satirizing? Something which isn't even there?
A group you apparently understood existed without the need for additional context within this thread.

Which throws this whole thing into some sort of paradox. I'm afraid the space-time continuum is at this moment collapsing.