Steam Sale is go.

KaraFang

Aug 3, 2015
Hi all, the Autumn steam sale is active until 27/11/2018. As an aside, they are asking us to pick the games for the steam awards this year.

I present my link if anyone wants to see my nominations. They come from the heart (I'm still one heck of a fallout fan. :) )

Oh, PS, my game of the year is more how much I played it this year... not that it came out. I know it won't win, but meh. I loved the game a lot (and it ran like butter thank goodness).

https://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations/?u=76561197970409628&k=6069557237670065893

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
I...question your decision to nominate a 2016 game as the 2018 Game of the Year, and a 2015 game for "2018's most entertaining tinkering with the history books." And Superhot VR came out in 2016 too, didn't it?

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Sigh, already drained 200 $.

Valkyria chronicle 4 is half off which is pretty great.

Dragon dogma, 70% off for those who never played it, def worth it if only just to experience what a japans take on skyrim is like.

Prey is just 30% off, but that's because they dropped the price. If you want to play something like bioshock and haven't found anything to scratch that exploration itch, highly recommend.

Asita

Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
hanselthecaretaker said:
I?m only interested in picking up Bayonetta. Hopefully it?s included in this sale.
Down to $6.79 right now.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Asita said:
I...question your decision to nominate a 2016 game as the 2018 Game of the Year, and a 2015 game for "2018's most entertaining tinkering with the history books." And Superhot VR came out in 2016 too, didn't it?
Not like Steam makes it easy. It doesn't filter things for you, and I know I don't care enough to check the date on everything.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
I have seen basically nothing i really want out of this. I guess im just an unfun fuck or something but it feels like I finally just have all the games I'll want.

KaraFang

Aug 3, 2015
Saelune said:
Asita said:
Not like Steam makes it easy. It doesn't filter things for you, and I know I don't care enough to check the date on everything.
As I mentioned, some of these are my votes due to the amount I played in 2018. (shrugs) They obviously understand that as the steam system could easily filter out anything not released on 2018 for those categories (or are lazy, in which case meh). :)

oh and 50% off Xcom War of the Chosen... but I still dunno, I want it but won't pay ?17 for it... I know all the "its a new game" etc, but I bought Xcom2 damn it and it does feel like a fix with some additional DLC.

I may wait for the Xmas sale... maybe it'll drop again.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
KaraFang said:
Saelune said:
Asita said:
As I mentioned, some of these are my votes due to the amount I played in 2018. (shrugs) They obviously understand that as the steam system could easily filter out anything not released on 2018 for those categories (or are lazy, in which case meh). :)

oh and 50% off Xcom War of the Chosen... but I still dunno, I want it but won't pay ?17 for it... I know all the "its a new game" etc, but I bought Xcom2 damn it and it does feel like a fix with some additional DLC.

I may wait for the Xmas sale... maybe it'll drop again.
Remember when Steam Sales actually felt good and had decent discounts? Back when games a couple of years after release dropped a decent amount in price?

Also, War of the Chosen is really good. I thought it was worth $17. I doubt it'll be cheaper at Xmas. I thought I got a good deal at Humble last year and I thought it was less than $17

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I picked up sniper elite 3, bayonetta, and vanquish for $6 each.

I already own Bayonetta and Vanquish on the Xbox 360 and the PS3 respectively, but I'm too lazy to plug those consoles in, and the PC version of Vanquish runs at 60 fps so worth it.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Gordon_4 said:
Paragon Fury said:
Trying to not to spend too much money this year, especially since I haven't beaten a lot of my other games yet. That said, $3 for Haydee or $15 Civ 6/Zestiria is hard to pass up.

This is what I voted for this year; https://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations/?u=76561198001784649&k=2131926273096309950
Some pretty solid noms there mate
Thanks.

I was trying to limit it to things that came out in 2018 (obviously) or things that got major content updates in 2018 AND things that were available on Steam. Otherwise a couple of games (RDR2, God of War) etc. might've taken a couple of slots there.

If you could nominate one game for multiple positions MH: World would've gotten "Better with Friends" for sure though.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I picked up Grim Dawn. Only played for a little white but I'm liking it so far. Scratching an ARPG itch I haven't paid any attention to in a long time.

I am going back and forth on Monster Hunter World. It looks pretty cool but I bounce off of extended grind very quickly. I might get the Xbox version for way cheaper but... dat frame rate.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
JUMBO PALACE said:
I picked up Grim Dawn. Only played for a little white but I'm liking it so far. Scratching an ARPG itch I haven't paid any attention to in a long time.

I am going back and forth on Monster Hunter World. It looks pretty cool but I bounce off of extended grind very quickly. I might get the Xbox version for way cheaper but... dat frame rate.
Im really considering it as well on the assumption that huge monsters will be like DS bosses as some have claimed, but i dunno about the whole rpg thing.

Asita

Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Saelune said:
Asita said:
A fair point, but considering Fallout 76 was just released last week, Fallout 4 still had me scratching my head as soon as I saw the title.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Asita said:
Saelune said:
Asita said:
A fair point, but considering Fallout 76 was just released last week, Fallout 4 still had me scratching my head as soon as I saw the title.
Fallout 76 is not on Steam.

Asita

Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Saelune said:
Asita said:
Saelune said:
Asita said:
Fallout 76 is not on Steam.
No, but that doesn't really matter when it's a subject of contemporary discussion and recent advertisement, does it?

In the interest of clarity, I was not intending to suggest that Fallout 76 was superior to or should have been preferred over Fallout 4, just that the release of 76 had recently reminded me that Fallout 4 was several years old at this point. The intent was to explain my bemusement, not to contest the point.