Steam Summer Sale 2024.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Another summer another steam summer sale. So who has their eyes on what?

Right now I have like 10 games in my cart. I'll whittle down their numbers bit by bit till I get to the price I like.

The ones I know I'm going to get are
and

The rest are

On top of a few others I can certainly see sneaking their way into my library before the holiday is done and gone.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I've got a few items on my wishlist, but I decided to put some things on priority for the sake of my wallet. I got myself Frostpunk, Disco Elysium (didn't expect it to be so cheap and it wasn't on my wishlist so I snagged it up), and Cyberpunk 2077... the latter of the 3 I'm looking forward to the most since its 2.0 update dropped

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I've got a few items on my wishlist, but I decided to put some things on priority for the sake of my wallet. I got myself Frostpunk, Disco Elysium (didn't expect it to be so cheap and it wasn't on my wishlist so I snagged it up), and Cyberpunk 2077... the latter of the 3 I'm looking forward to the most since its 2.0 update dropped
I did enjoy Cyberpunk, even before the 2.0, 2.0 just made it much better. But, it still suffers from the main plot being just rather dull. Great side stuff and the dlc is really neat, but the main story is just... well its there, better then bethesda ever does, at least in execution.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I did enjoy Cyberpunk, even before the 2.0, 2.0 just made it much better. But, it still suffers from the main plot being just rather dull. Great side stuff and the dlc is really neat, but the main story is just... well its there, better then bethesda ever does, at least in execution.
Even watching someone play through the whole thing I'm still rather excited to experience myself. I'll likely take a different path than they did at first too, since the city stuff interests me more than the stuff happening in the outskirts. It's gonna be fun! I just hope a 2060 can handle it decently enough

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Even watching someone play through the whole thing I'm still rather excited to experience myself. I'll likely take a different path than they did at first too, since the city stuff interests me more than the stuff happening in the outskirts. It's gonna be fun! I just hope a 2060 can handle it decently enough
You do get stuck doing at least some stuff in the outskirts. Hmm, a 2060... I think it can, but you will have to turn down settings, which is a shame since Cyberpunk is one of those that looks fantastic with RTX.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Went ahead and grabbed a few of those games. So far I've only played Xenoraid, but its much more fun then I expected. Its got some really interesting mechanics like swapping out craft on the fly, but also doing that to avoid damage and the moving aim thing its got going on works better then expected. It is taking time to get used to a normal hit box, instead of the single point hit box that something like Devils Blade has, but so far I'm down with it.

Also,
If you like shoot em ups, its awesome. Even if you aren't big into them, its pretty easy to get into.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Had my eye on this one for a while. Promises to be a combination of STALKER and Into the Radius. Also has a cute doggo who is the bestest boy (even if he does keep startling me in dark areas).

You'd think ten years of actual retail employment would've been enough for me, but there's just a weird charm to this game.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Grabbed Cobalt Core and Runaway: a Twist of Fate

I beat Xenoraid, it was pretty fun but hard mode gets damn hard, especially with the 4th boss who is complete bullshit.

So far Cobalt Core is very cute and fun, I can see myself going the distance with it, its not the best cardgame type thing I've played, but its got a fantastic style and really fun characters and having to worry about maneuvering adds another layer too things that most ship deckbuilders don't have.

Runaway... well, I liked the first one and heard the second one sucked, so I grabbed the 3rd one.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I finished Streets of Rage 4 on Steam for the first time with Cherry. I've already unlocked almost all of the retro characters. The only ones left are the SOR3 characters. Nearly every stage I got an S-Rank on the first try.

Reactions: Worgen

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@Worgen, thanks for telling me about Slipstream. Gives me big OutRun vibes. With the soundtrack, I CAN FEEL THE COSMOS!!!!

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
@Worgen, thanks for telling me about Slipstream. Gives me big OutRun vibes. With the soundtrack, I CAN FEEL THE COSMOS!!!!
Glad you're liking it. It really is a fantastic arcade style racer.

Here are a few other games that are fantastic if you need more gaming goodness.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Here are a few other games that are fantastic if you need more gaming goodness.
I'm good for right now. I might pick up Double Dragon Gaiden later, but I don't want to buy too many games right now.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Third time buying this game...

Its owlcat top down RPG, I know what I'm getting into, I know I'll stop having fun partway trough, but the first couple of hour making build is really fun

Possibly immersive sim? I'll take those when I can

Not my favourite theme, but I do like tactics

Roguelike can be fun, not really into the minecraft aesthetic though

was gonna wait until the big expansion, but its been awhile with no word, so maybe they won't make one and this is it?

I try to grab a few small indie game once in awhile, it might be chinese, so can be interesting to see what thats like

same as above

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Possibly immersive sim? I'll take those when I can
Never mind, it was just a shooter with essentially no exploration, you can discover secret, but all they have is weapon that aren't particularly better than what you already have. You also have limited inventory and bullet only go to specific gun, so after 2-3 fight you have to toss out the gun anyway. Gunplay is very floaty, AI is really dumb and kinda bullet spongy and level aren't that interesting.

Thank steam for easy refund.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Grabbed 2 more, probably the last unless I get around to beating Shadow of the Erdtree.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Might pick up Slay The Princess, after I've cashed out all the free steam cards. Not worth much anymore, but you know, small things.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I wanted to get the 2016 experience again

Beaten DMC 1 once, never played 3, and gave up on 2. Hopefully the collection is worth it without 2

I heard a lot of good things for these two, especially for narrative element

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Grabbed Marvels Midnight Suns as a final sale game.

Something for a break from Elden Ring and the consort. So far its pretty good, the combat is fantastic and a great evolution from Xcom. Story is... well if you are a huge marvel fan you will probably be in hog heaven. But the dialog is full of not only snark, but kinda bad snark (at least at the start) and its really really self referential. No point in only making a common idiom when you can add another marvel character too it. I think it would have been better as its own super hero thing instead of licensed, but whatever, the overall story isn't bad, not great but not bad.

Reactions: BrawlMan