Steam Summer Sale 2024.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Deliverance: Kingdom Come (or that might have just been a deep discount before the sale) in which I'm 100% in character as Henry the village idiot.

Universim, which I'm kind of unconvinced by but mostly think I'm just shit at.

Shadows of Doubt, in which I appear to have got drunk on synthetic ham. This one is quite interesting, but also buggy.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Decided on one LAST purchase.

Its ok.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Grabbed Marvels Midnight Suns as a final sale game.

Something for a break from Elden Ring and the consort. So far its pretty good, the combat is fantastic and a great evolution from Xcom. Story is... well if you are a huge marvel fan you will probably be in hog heaven. But the dialog is full of not only snark, but kinda bad snark (at least at the start) and its really really self referential. No point in only making a common idiom when you can add another marvel character too it. I think it would have been better as its own super hero thing instead of licensed, but whatever, the overall story isn't bad, not great but not bad.
yeah, as someone who doesn't care about marvel, the license and the extravagance that came with it is what ultimately made me lose any interest in the game.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
yeah, as someone who doesn't care about marvel, the license and the extravagance that came with it is what ultimately made me lose any interest in the game.
Really once it stops focusing so much on the bigger names and introducing everything, it got so much more interesting and I'm quite enjoying it. Still would be better as an original IP, but it handles things well. Good enough that if the dlc for Venom was on sale I would have gotten it and I was annoyed I didn't get the ultimate version.

Reactions: meiam and BrawlMan