Steam Winter Sale 2022: What's the Damage?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Admittedly I haven't played it myself but generally recall it being considered hot garbage and the lets play etc footage that I saw looked pretty bad. I decided to leave it alone, but my tolerance for low budget turn based 40k games has dropped off significantly over the years. There's an Ork arcadey flying shooter that seems better liked.
There is a demo you can give a shot. But I found it kinda dull.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
There is a demo you can give a shot. But I found it kinda dull.
Thanks, I 'll give it a go when I get back from Xmas. Looks like the sort of fame that's entertaining for a couple of hours then fades quickly after that

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I grabbed the last games I will from the steam sale... probably... maybe... I can see myself grabbing one last game.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I sold off a whole bunch of Steam trading cards that were cluttering up my inventory and put the proceeds towards Forza Horizon 5. Can you believe this game is 114GB? Weren't we mocking Call of Duty for its ridiculous install sizes? Good thing I've got four SSDs in my system.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not Steam, but I got Prodeus (Switch) for $19.99 on sale, and I used some points to get it further down to $17.41. That said, the game is on sale too at Steam.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Probably will only buy Subnautica for $10. I'm not a fan of survival resource collection type games but even Yahtzee liked it. Nothing else on my wishlist has any great prices that I don't normally see them at.

Reactions: gorfias

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I already have this game on ps4, but if you want it on Steam, there's a nice sale.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Took a look. Few games that are on my radar are still selling 50% off! of $60 for a game that is years old. I can give it some more time. There are some great deals for new to PC gamers out there but my pile of shame has become insurmountable. I think there are 4 hours left in which to do something that will make me ask myself, "what the heck is wrong with you!?!" as that pile of shame beckons.

Grabbed Hitman 3. That is all.
VR GOTY 2022 ? You set up to play this way?

Last edited:

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I setup a few bendable rules for myself
  • Keep it under $10 preferably $5
  • Game I know I want to play
  • Must be discounted at least 50%
That said its just kind of a smattering of things I could justify

I know I could just emulate, but I'd kinda like to play these on high-res texture PC if its an option. For a couple bucks I don;t mind installing them and getting a refund if its a rip off.

I'm not what you'd call a diehard hack & slash player, but I did enjoy the van helsing games and old diablo. I'm not however interested in open-ended grind focused hack & slash like path of whatever. Grim dawn has been on my list forever and at $6 sure why not

Disco Elysium has been recommended by pretty much everybody since release. I kept avoiding it because no one can quite convey whether or not I'll enjoy it.

Beat Hazard 2 will go in my vewlix arcade cabinets

Huntdown is getting ravs reviews and will go perfectly in an Arcade cabinet

Exceeds for the cabs

Reactions: gorfias

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Sonic Mania, $5? sure why not

I dont really have a justification for this, but it sounds neat

*shrug*

Another one for the Arcade cabs

....cabs yes

I can't really get into NDA, but I need to do wifi bandwidth testing on the Oculus Pro so I picked up a couple VR games

Been wanting to play this since release, just havent been in my "budget"

Been on my radar since yatze gushed over it, just never got around to picking it up.

Papers, Please

https://store.steampowered.com/app/239030/Papers_Please/

Now Im done.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I setup a few bendable rules for myself
  • Keep it under $10 preferably $5
  • Game I know I want to play
  • Must be discounted at least 50%
That said its just kind of a smattering of things I could justify
Got some good games on that list, the Disgaea series is pretty awesome, but I find you have to be in the mood for that kinda strategy game. Huntdown is fantastic and looks amazing.

If you want some more good cabinet shooters then check out Zero Ranger, its not 50% off, but its never been lower then 25% off and you get much more play time out of it then most shooters.

There is also Steredenn, again, not 50%, but well worth the price for playtime.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Got some good games on that list, the Disgaea series is pretty awesome, but I find you have to be in the mood for that kinda strategy game. Huntdown is fantastic and looks amazing.

If you want some more good cabinet shooters then check out Zero Ranger, its not 50% off, but its never been lower then 25% off and you get much more play time out of it then most shooters.

There is also Steredenn, again, not 50%, but well worth the price for playtime.
Cool, I'll take a look.

Can't complain after seeing the price change

Disgaea 2 PC - $4.27
Disgaea PC - $4.27
Grim Dawn - $6.68
Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - $10.69
Beat Hazard 2 - $2.84
Huntdown - $4.27
The eXceed Collection - $5.34
Sonic Mania - $5.34
Kingdom: New Lands - $3.20
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - $5.34
Skullgirls 2nd Encore - $2.66
Sky Force Anniversary - $2.40
Sky Force Reloaded - $2.40
After the Fall - $13.45
Arizona Sunshine - $7.08
Subtotal$313.85
Discount-$238.88(-76%)
Tax$5.26
Total$80.23

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Cool, I'll take a look.

Can't complain after seeing the price change

Disgaea 2 PC - $4.27
Disgaea PC - $4.27
Grim Dawn - $6.68
Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - $10.69
Beat Hazard 2 - $2.84
Huntdown - $4.27
The eXceed Collection - $5.34
Sonic Mania - $5.34
Kingdom: New Lands - $3.20
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - $5.34
Skullgirls 2nd Encore - $2.66
Sky Force Anniversary - $2.40
Sky Force Reloaded - $2.40
After the Fall - $13.45
Arizona Sunshine - $7.08
Subtotal$313.85
Discount-$238.88(-76%)
Tax$5.26
Total$80.23
You'll have to tell us how Steam VR and your Oculus work and your thoughts on Arizona Sunshine and After the Fall work. Two great games. Sunshine came out first by same team that made After the Fall. The 2 have tremendous similarities but substantial differences in strategies.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I grabbed the last games I will from the steam sale... probably... maybe... I can see myself grabbing one last game.

Inherit the Earth makes me sad. Apparently the devs wanted it to be a serious story about post humanity earth where uplifted animals wonder what happened to us and the publishers saw anthro animals and went "so it's for kids, right? RIGHT?". The devs apparently had to push back at every fucking turn to avoid the whole thing becoming a kiddie cartoon.

It annoys me because there are some interesting chunks of mystery concerning humanity being missing. The opening uses artwork to depict humans uplifting animals followed buy humans fleeing from a giant bacteria/virus. In the end game you find alarms in futuristic building still blaring "Evacuate!" Possibly centuries after humanity vanished. There was no sequel so we'll never know what happened.

It's notable you're not finding corpses or bones in these ruins. They're abandoned but still functional and not a dead human in sight.

Last edited: