Steam Winter sale, how much did you spend/ reccomend some deals

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
I haven't bought anything yet, because I already own everything I want, with one exception.

Just waiting on Far Cry 3 to go on sale and I will be content with this year's sale.

Cheesus Crust

Mar 8, 2012
Rawne1980 said:
I'm waiting for things to hit the flash sales now, because i'm a cheap bastard and want things EVEN CHEAPER THAN THEY ARE.
Pretty much this so I haven't really spent anything yet as of the moment.

Sep 14, 2009
Soveru said:
Was there a Kotor 2 flash sale? Please don't tell me I missed it AGAIN
if you put it on your wishlist, and go to your steam preferences and tell it to alert your email when one of your wishlist goes on sale, that'll help you know if you check your email regularly or have it forwarded to your phone.

Rednog said:
I was eyeing Miasmata, but the steam community voted for Forge instead. I think the only game I'm getting is Scribblenauts but I'm not getting it from Steam since it is a ripoff considering Amazon is going to sell it for 75% off while steam is only 33% off. Otherwise I've seen most of these games on sale before and didn't buy them then or I already have them.
i've always meant to ask, what is your avatar from? or who is the actor in it? it looks awfully familiar but i just can't figure it out.

OT: I'm waiting for walking dead to hit a big sale, otherwise i might get torchlight 2..still contemplating my money around.

Soveru

Jul 12, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
Soveru said:
Was there a Kotor 2 flash sale? Please don't tell me I missed it AGAIN
if you put it on your wishlist, and go to your steam preferences and tell it to alert your email when one of your wishlist goes on sale, that'll help you know if you check your email regularly or have it forwarded to your phone.
Sorry I'm a bit of an idiot at this but I can't find the place to change my steam preferences :(

chikusho

Jun 14, 2011
I keep hoping for Aquaria to end up on the Steam sale, but it hasn't happened once all year.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
Ranorak said:
As far as I can tell it's part of the sale.
I'm talking about Ace of Spades!

What is that? You might wonder. A game about that awesome song?
No, it's even better!

It's Team Fortress meets Minecraft!

And it's exactly what you think it is.
I played ace of spades back when it was free to play is this version any good ?

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
So far only Batman: AC for...uh $7.50 I think.
Not really planning on buying a whole lot. If Darksouls goes on one of the flash or daily sales I'll probably get it. The other games I want have DLC still coming out and I'm in no hurry so I'll just leave them until there is a complete edition with all the DLC and buy it then. I have too many unfinished games as it is.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
its only the second day. i havent spent a dime because i know how it works by now. ignore flash sales until the last day, unless a game is 75% off or more. im only looking at the main page of the store, im not going to go browsing through games just yet, thats something you do on the last day

FunGuy155

Apr 29, 2011
I've bought Human Revolution together with all of its DLC for about 10 USD, 12 in my currency.Can't play it now though, still need to upgrade my graphics card. I might get Bioshock.

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
I'm tempted to buy darksiders 2 and all its dlc for less than 14 dollars but I just can't. I'll play it like once or twiceaand that's it. It'll be a waste of money. Like most my other games... Q_Q

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
So far I've gotten Natural Selection 2 and Analog A Hate Story. I'm also considering Lone Survivor but Im hoping it may get a 75% sale before this is over.

Issurru said:
I'm tempted to buy darksiders 2 and all its dlc for less than 14 dollars but I just can't. I'll play it like once or twiceaand that's it. It'll be a waste of money. Like most my other games... Q_Q
Its a fairly lengthy game so you would get your moneys worth.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Well, I didn't buy it during the sale, but I still want to recommend "The Walking Dead" game. Seriously, it's easily the best game of the year. Puts the TV show to shame. Probably the best writing/voice acting of just about any game ever. I'm not even exaggerating, it's really, REALLY good. Go play it right now. I cannot stress this enough: It's a very very very very good game.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
I got the THQ bundle. 22 games for 25 bucks, couldn't be happier. Darksiders 1/2, Saints Row 2/3, Red Faction 1/2/Armageddon, and I get to finally try out Company of Heroes and Dawn of War. That racing game looks fun, too. I still can't believe the price I paid.

Soluncreed

Sep 24, 2009
I really want to get Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion, but I didn't want to pay $40. For now, it's half off, but I'll keep checking back to see if it gets lower.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
I've only bought I am Alive and Mirror's Edge because they were super cheap.

The only thing I can see myself spending more than $8 on is Skyrim and only if they give it a decent discount.

I am not a rich man.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
I have spent $20 so far. I really only want:

1. Forge, check

2. Natural selction 2, check

and

3. Dawnguard, waiting for it to go on sale for 50% rather than 33%

so I'm planning on spending $30 and have spent $20, I have gotten everything else I wanted for the Thanksgiving sale.

Bucht

Apr 22, 2010
So far I've got:
Intrusion 2
Natural Selection 2
Orcs Must Die 2 The "Are We There Yeti?" DLC
The Witcher 2

(So pretty much everything with a 2 at the end)