steam

Link90

Aug 10, 2009
ok here is the problem everytime i try to log into steam (on PC) i cant log on, it is scyned to the ps3 but now i cant log onto the pc side how do i do this i tried to reset my password but it wont let me. I do have steam set to auto connect so please if anyone can help me that would be greatful

PS iam very aware that there might be spelling and grammer errors please dont point that out thank you. =)

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
Simply saying you can't connect doesn't help much. Try to be more specific:

- exactly what error are you getting?
- are you logging in (or trying to log in) to the stand alone program or the web pased portal (http://store.steampowered.com/ [http://store.steampowered.com/])
- do other programs needing the web work? I'm assuming they do since you posted this, but it's worth saying that they do work on the PC Steam's installed on just to help out troubleshooting.
- have you ever connected to Steam on a PC before, any PC any time, or is this a first case thing?

Answering them should help a great deal with fixing the problem.

Link90

Aug 10, 2009
I have played on steam b4 everytime i try to log onto steam i get "login to steam failed. Either the specified account dose not exist, or the password was wrong. please chek your account name and password and try agien." This happens everytime after i play portal 2 on my ps3 the thing is yes the games i have (DNF, portal 2 (though ps3 version) portal 1, and F.E.A.R 2)recuire steam to be active and i tried the troubleshooting and yet i cant find nothing and plus i cant post anything since i need to be loged on to do anything. And yes i am tring to log on

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
I don't own a PS3, but five minutes of Googling hasn't provided anything near an answer to your problem.

The best I can offer is some standard troubleshooting advice:

Ensure caps lock is turned off on your PC, if your password has any unusual characters in it make sure your keyboard hasn't switched itself to a new layout and it entering the wrong character behind those little circles.

Make sure you log out on PS3, do everything manually while troubleshooting; log out, shut down the program then shut down the console before totally quitting Steam on your PC (right click and Quit in the bottom right of your screen, Ctrl+Alt+Del and end the process to be really thorough) then start it up and try to log in on both the program and the web portal.

Try creating a new account on Steam and see if you can log into this one that isn't synched with a PS3. If you don't want to make a new account get a family member or friend with an un-synched account to try to log in.

If all else fails, submit a support ticket to the Steam customer help system.