Stellar Blade (formally Project Eve) - Korean Sci-Fi Bayonetta/Nier: Automata/Sekiro Edition

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
*(The Twitter) page does not exist*?
Probably not loading because of the violence warningIMG_3572.png

Machine Translation said:
[What do you mean, Mr. CERO]

Demo of Stellar Blade

I had a lot of fun with the action, but...

Mr. CERO, I said that our dead space is NG because it has a cross-section of part damage and a built-in, but I can see the cross-section and inside here, and I'm not convinced that it goes with CERO D ...
It was probably in relation to criticism about the game's aesthetic, a reaffirmation that they indeed kept everything good in the game.

And while this game does have some gore, it's not really resident evil levels. It's closer to GoW. You have some brutal murders and so on but the majority of the gameplay is not super realistic gore.
God of War (2018) and God of War Ragnarok (2022) both have CERO Z ratings, which are a fair bit stricter than Stellar Blade's CERO D, hence the mild controversy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
2016 taught me that, unfortunately, that I can't, not completely.
If you're referring to Ghostbusters 2016, I didn't see it because I wanted an Xtreme Ghostbusters adaption. I sure as fuck didn't give a rat's ass about the right not shutting up about it "ruining" Ghostbusters. BTW, I didn't say ignore them completely, but there are moments where it will be the same old shit, and they're not wort the brain space.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
If you're referring to Ghostbusters 2016, I didn't see it because I wanted an Xtreme Ghostbusters adaption. I sure as fuck didn't give a rat's ass about the right not shutting up about it "ruining" Ghostbusters. BTW, I didn't say ignore them completely, but there are moments where it will be the same old shit, and they're not wort the brain space.
No... I was referring to how gamerbro chud culture fed into and predicated MAGA and Trump, but I realize that was an abstract connection in my brain so ignore my existential musings...

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No... I was referring to how gamerbro chud culture fed into and predicated MAGA and Trump, but I realize that was an abstract connection in my brain so ignore my existential musings...
You're not wrong. Both go hand in hand together.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Man my preload and body is ready but I first have to beat eiyuuden cause I'm a backer and I waited for it for 4 years. The sacrifices we have to make in this life...

But yeah, Eiyuuden is game of the year contender, if even has JP text so the localization can be avoided. Everyone play both games!

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Looks like 8s and 9s across the board, which is slightly higher than I was predicting. Good for them

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Looks like 8s and 9s across the board, which is slightly higher than I was predicting. Good for them
Higher? I was expecting all 9s easy, this game is amazingballs. Even with the bias of certain "journalists" you can't deny hype gameplay. Did you try the demo?

Last edited:

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Ignore them. You were already going to love the game, so their opinions mean nothing to you.
Yeah I just see random dumb things on twitter as I scroll by, I don't really engage with it. The last one was really funny though, apparently there's a graffiti that says Harder in an artsy way and journalists thought it was a reference to a slur instead so they were throwing a hissy-fit. It even got the graffiti trending. You can't make this stuff up lol. These people have slurs in the front of their minds more than actual klansmen do. As if South Koreans know what any of this stuff means. They just think english is cool.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Higher? I was expecting all 9s easy, this game is amazingballs. Even with the bias of certain "journalists" you can't deny hype gameplay. Did you try the demo?
Don't have a PS5, and this game won't be the one the change that. Gameplay was almost universally praised, but it generally got docked points for story, platforming, early feel, etc, which was consistent with the previews/demo impressions I saw. I figured it was gonna be one of those 10/10 7/10s. Big hit with a niche but a bit meh in general
Yeah I just see random dumb things on twitter as I scroll by, I don't really engage with it. The last one was really funny though, apparently there's a graffiti that says Harder in an artsy way and journalists thought it was a reference to a slur instead so they were throwing a hissy-fit. It even got the graffiti trending. You can't make this stuff up lol. These people have slurs in the front of their minds more than actual klansmen do. As if South Koreans know what any of this stuff means. They just think english is cool.
Well, Hard R, which white person singing rap songs in public needs to watch out for. Interestingly, a small vein of people seem to think the studio was accused of doing it deliberately, when most people know and understand it was just an unfortunate, hilarious coincidence

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Don't have a PS5, and this game won't be the one the change that. Gameplay was almost universally praised, but it generally got docked points for story, platforming, early feel, etc, which was consistent with the previews/demo impressions I saw. I figured it was gonna be one of those 10/10 7/10s. Big hit with a niche but a bit meh in general

Well, Hard R, which white person singing rap songs in public needs to watch out for. Interestingly, a small vein of people seem to think the studio was accused of doing it deliberately, when most people know and understand it was just an unfortunate, hilarious coincidence
Yeah apparently a bunch of journalists thought it was some sort of deliberate slight. They're quite silly. And I don't think you're singing the rap correctly if you're getting hard Rs in there lmao.

And damn I keep forgetting this is an actual ps5 exclusive, since most of those come out on pc too. But yeah this game is mainly about the gameplay and style it has, also it's a single player story driven game with no dlc and no bs. Like a good ole action game from 15 years ago pretty much.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So, I try not to make a big deal out of this, game characters should just look how they look, but with how Stellar Blade, and specifically the main character is used as this cudgel for how western games are doing it wrong and not making the female characters look like their real-life models... Why have I been seeing this image...
oar2.jpg
...floating around as supposed proof?

I can't say the finalized ingame model shows much similarity.
Stellar-Blade01-3.jpg

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
So, I try not to make a big deal out of this, game characters should just look how they look, but with how Stellar Blade, and specifically the main character is used as this cudgel for how western games are doing it wrong and not making the female characters look like their real-life models... Why have I been seeing this image...
...floating around as supposed proof?

I can't say the finalized ingame model shows much similarity.

That was a counterpoint to a set of initial, ignorant criticisms calling Eve's design unrealistic, when in fact, her entire body outside of her head was made by scanning a real-life woman. Whether you can notice it or not is not important, interpretation is subjective and each individual human's eyes differ a bit and when something's in motion and affected by a game's physics engine it can look a bit different, this is not a photorealistic game after all, it's more idealistic. The fact that it is literally that Korean model's body that they scanned to make Eve is what matters at the end of the day. Women like her exist and it is normal and good to wanna depict them in games with hype action and cute outfits and what have you.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble