Stellar Blade (formally Project Eve) - Korean Sci-Fi Bayonetta/Nier: Automata/Sekiro Edition

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Beat the game couple days ago, got the true ending, I tried to do everything without a guide, didn't find all the cans (got like 38 I think), but I got most of the costumes I believe, and opened most of the password chests. Did all sidequests etc. I clocked at just under 50 hours, for a single playthrough. And outside of the last couple bosses (which were extremely fun!) I didn't die much at all either.

I loved the twist in the end, even though I saw it a mile away, and I definitely think there's room for a sequel. Overall the narrative was kinda weak but fun, in that DMC style. It really doesn't try to take itself too seriously with melodramatic as in dmc1.

Also the last two levels, eidos 9 and the space elevator, those were just kinda perfect gaming experiences. Combination of action, exploration, visual flair and epic enemies, it had it all. It definitely rewards you for doing all the sidequests and getting all the lore pieces.

About my only complaint is that the devil trigger style mode is too op and not interactive, cause you're basically immortal during it. I ended up only using it when I was about to die to create some space or to finish things off, cause you just take no damage at all and your moves stagger everything. I wish they made it so you still took damage so that the parrying moves it lets you do had some meaning. I get lore-wise why it is this way but still, not that interesting. But good thing is you don't have to use it lol.

Reactions: CriticalGaming