Stephen King's Scaring Up A Sequel To The Shining

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
DasDestroyer said:
That reminds me, I kept wanting to actually read The Shining...
me too though my hatred of stephen king and most his writing makes me hesitant to read it.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
in true king form.

What with how Patrick popped up in the Dark Tower after Insomnia. And Cynthia Smith popping up in Desperation after mucking around in Rose Madder. And of course Father Callahan losing hsi faith in 'Salem's Lot only to appear in the dark tower.

Plus he did the same with The Talisman and the Black House.

I don know. Im a king fan, so I'll probably enjoy it. It sounds good on paper, especially since it akes place in the future rather then right after Danny's stay. So yeah, cant wait.

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
The fact that Steven King did not like Kubrick's film of The Shining leads me to believe that:

1. The book is probably not worth the trouble.
2. The sequel is probably worth less.

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
Stehpen King writing a new book - or George Lucas making a new movie (or editing his old ones)...

The HORROR!

RonHiler

Sep 16, 2004
Worr Monger said:
The fact that Steven King did not like Kubrick's film of The Shining leads me to believe that:

1. The book is probably not worth the trouble.
2. The sequel is probably worth less.
In my experience, people who like the movie dislike the book, and vica versa. Personally, I think that movie is a stinking pile of ****, while the book is really good (not my favorite of his, which is The Stand, but in the top 5). But some people seem to think it's a classic. To each his own, I guess :)

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Why make a sequel? Sequels to classics are never as good, and to do it so much later just seems like a money-grab.

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
Only Stephen King book I have read was 'IT' and to put it frankly, IT was crappy. There was chapters of pointless bullshit, chapters of nothing and then a whole chapter about 13yr olds having sex.

Im done with him for now. Ill stick to the Tolkien and The Horus Heresy books.

Craazhy

Tic-Tock and Crash
Aug 22, 2009
Stephen King is a decent writer, but it truly bewilders that he's one of the most recognizable novelists names. His work isn't some prelude to the second coming of jesus or something.