Stephen King's The Mist Is Being Turned Into a TV Show

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
william1657 said:
I would have preferred a "Cell" series, but this could be good.

I enjoyed both the book and the movie but would love to get more backstory on the origins of the mist and the monsters.

It would kind of suck if it was just another "survive the monsters without investigating their origins" show though.
Cell would be good, but the recent boom in zombie stuff could let it get lost in the crowd.
There might not be time for the really creepy stuff to start happening before it loses audience who think it's a walking dead clone.

I'm hoping they manage to do something with this on par with the movie, albeit different not just drawn out.

Also a little disappointed to see the end of Dome as while it couldn't have maintained chesters mill for much longer it still felt like there was story to explore.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
william1657 said:
I would have preferred a "Cell" series, but this could be good.
Cell is being made into a movie. King's written it and I can't remember how far into production it is.

Otherwise. I'll look forward to watching it, but if they botch the tone and turn it into another under the dome I'll... I don't know what I'll do but I'll do something.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
the December King said:
as an aside, Dead can Dance has been my go-to "Serious and Sombre" mood-setting music for role playing events since I heard them in college. Check out Gladiator and Black Hawk Down for more of Lisa Gerrard's signature punch-in-the-feels medieval sound.
To be fair, in the song from Black Hawk Down, Denez Prigent did most of the heavy lifting. I always had the impression that Lisa kind of joined in mostly because Hans Zimmer likes using her.

OT: Eh... I liked the movie for the ending, but otherwise it was a mash of King tropes. I don't really see the potential for a full (multiple season) series there and probably won't watch it once they finish. But hey - to each their own.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
I can see how it could be fantastic. But sadly I can see a whole lot more ways where it could be absolute crap.

That said, I do think it's worth trying. I want to see more of "the mist". But please don't do seperate stories or something.