Steppenwolf and Darkside revealed for the Snyder Cut, look like shitposts

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
What you on about? This is peak videogames. You got your Warframe top left, your Evil Within 2 villain top right, your standard space marine ninja bottom left, and your standard fantasy dumb brute character class bottom right. This is going to be a wild videogame. Like the first Avengers film but with microtransactions and an always-online requirement.

Reactions: Kwak

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I don't mind the redesign.

I mind that I have to wait till possibly November of 2021 to see this movie at all.

At least Darkseid looks ok.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Also Darkseid was already shown in the initial trailer?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
How is this news tho? The only thing that seems new is what Chimpzy posted. If anything, here's the new trailer:

What a weird choice of music. But you know what, I wouldn't mind watching this. If only because it's different. It still seems very much a Snyder movie. This will have vision, just maybe not a great vision. At the end of the day, I'd rather have another The Last Jedi than another The Rise of Skywalker.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Still not worth it. Wake me up when Wonder Woman '84 releases on HBO Max, Aquaman 2 gets in to production after this fucking pandemic ends, and when a Spider-Gwen game gets announced.

Edit: well looky here!

Last edited:

Tireseas

Plaguegirl
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Seattle
Country
United States
This looks like it's going to be a disaster. One everyone's getting a paycheck for, but still a disaster..
What you on about? This is peak videogames. You got your Warframe top left, your Evil Within 2 villain top right, your standard space marine ninja bottom left, and your standard fantasy dumb brute character class bottom right. This is going to be a wild videogame. Like the first Avengers film but with microtransactions and an always-online requirement.
Which reminds me, how's that Avengers Game going?

*checks news.*

Oh... uh... forget I said anything...

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA

"So Zack, how many pointy bits do you want?"
"Yes!"
The pointy bits have pointy bits! There's nowhere for the eyes to settle. Small wonder this is taking forever; animating that must be putting an entire effects team through PTSD.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Can we all just admit anything in DC that is not stand-alone Batman is goofy and not worth seeing?
Speak for yourself. I love Wonder Woman, Aqua Man, Man of Steel, Shazam, & HQ:BoP. Suicide squad, Justice league, and Batman v Superman were just average. you seem to have forgotten that the Batman project's been put on indefinite hold and hiatus, because the star has Covid-19. That's said, I do not give a rat's ass about the Snyder cut.

Reactions: Tireseas

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Can we all just admit anything in DC that is not stand-alone Batman is goofy and not worth seeing?
Uh, no. Because Wonder Woman, Shazam and Aquaman were great fun movies. And I’m sick to death of Batman as he is most popularly portrayed right now. I rewatched the trailer for The Batman and I spent the whole thing waiting for Batmite or Brave and the Bold Batman to show up and tell him to get over himself.

And the weird commonality those three movies I like share is that Zack Snyder didn’t have a great deal of involvement in them. So no, I do not agree.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
What a weird choice of music. But you know what, I wouldn't mind watching this. If only because it's different. It still seems very much a Snyder movie. This will have vision, just maybe not a great vision. At the end of the day, I'd rather have another The Last Jedi than another The Rise of Skywalker.
Iirc Leonard Cohen's intended meaning of the song by way of religious metaphors is that the world is full of conflicts too great and rooted to easily reconcile, but that there are moments when people in their many forms, perfect or not, can come together and embrace the world. Basically, let's all hug and face life as it is.

So, actually kind of appropriate for a Justice League movie. Not sure if that meaning is what WB and Snyder, or much more likely the company that cut this trailer, intend. Maybe they mean to say this movie is the second coming or somesuch. I mean, not understanding what songs are actually saying seems to be at an all time high as of late.

And now for something completely different. Real talk. How long is this movie going to be? Cuz judging from the trailer it's basically got all the major beats from the Whedon version, but also like a ton of new stuff, and like a whole bunch of extra villains and other characters. Like, I already felt Whedon's cut was a bloatfest that was both too long and not long enough, can't imagine what cramming even more into it would do.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Iirc Leonard Cohen's intended meaning of the song by way of religious metaphors is that the world is full of conflicts too great and rooted to easily reconcile, but that there are moments when people in their many forms, perfect or not, can come together and embrace the world. Basically, let's all hug and face life as it is.

So, actually kind of appropriate for a Justice League movie. Not sure if that meaning is what WB and Snyder, or much more likely the company that cut this trailer, intend. Maybe they mean to say this movie is the second coming or somesuch. I mean, not understanding what songs are actually saying seems to be at an all time high as of late.

And now for something completely different. Real talk. How long is this movie going to be? Cuz judging from the trailer it's basically got all the major beats from the Whedon version, but also like a ton of new stuff, and like a whole bunch of extra villains and other characters. Like, I already felt Whedon's cut was a bloatfest that was both too long and not long enough, can't imagine what cramming even more into it would do.
According to Snyder, about 4 hours.