Stereotypes you perpetuate

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
There's an old saying: all stereotypes have some origin in reality. Basically that somewhere, someone did something which gives off the image to the whole group. But there are always ones we, weather intentionally or not, conform to for our specific group. So what are ones which you perpetuate for your group?

For myself, I conform to the Canadian stereotypes of saying "Eh?" a lot and for saying "sorry" a lot, even when neither I nor anyone else around did something wrong (though in my defence everyone I know does this too).

I also speak very loud, which is apparently a regional stereotypy of my rural area for those in the urban area next to ours.

Starbird

Sep 30, 2012
South African stereotype - I say 'ja' a lot and tend to work hard.

Bald guy stereotype - I rock a mean goatee and will inevitably turn out to be the bad guy at the end of the movie.

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
I'm a white gamer who has a neck beard... I should probably shave soon. That's about it when it comes to gamer stereotypes I embody, I'm not angry all the time, I don't think I'm misogynist (I tend to like most women I meet)and I don't live in my parents basement.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Hrmmm.... I'm British, and I love tea and scones. Scones with cream and jam are absurdly delicious.

I also straighten my hair, which I think is a stereotype about gay/ not-straight guys.

Irick

Apr 18, 2012
I'm an intellectual American Hacker with a strong anti-authoritarian streak. I have an interest in tabletop games to the degree of never being further than 20 feet from a polyset. I run Linux and argue frequently about the various merits of various programs and programing languages. I have very little interest in traditional sports, don't seem to really spend much time organizing my workspace and I can quote most monty python skits by heart.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
I have long hair. I pretty much always wear black band shirts with camo/khaki pants tucked into boots. I guess I'm about as stereotypical looking fan of heavy metal as you can get.

Fortunately, it's only the visual stereotype. I don't hold the elitist/stern views that a lot of people see metal fans as having. I actually like to think of myself as very laid back and friendly. So only half the stereotype, I suppose.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
As a person who lives in the southern U.S., I love the hell out of sweet tea. Not so much other food or drink staples. But sweet tea is an absolute must wherever I go. I don't have any sort of accent though, thankfully.

I probably perpetuate 'nerdy' stereotypes as well. I'm skinny and have worn glasses for a decade or so.

Dec 14, 2009
I'm so British I shit the Queen.

[HEADING=1]ALL THE TEA![/HEADING]

Except, you know, without all the love for colonialism.

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
I'm Asian.
I'm getting a master degree in Information Technology.
I'm good with computers in general.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I'm a white, skinny, tall guy. I fit the nerd stereotype to a tee.

I have a higher IQ than 89% of the population, and Asperger's syndrome.

I read science-fiction novels and watch science-fiction TV shows every day. I read copious amounts of comics and have read 3,401 manga books as I write this. When I go to my favorite geek-store, the personell ask me for help now and then.

I've only had one girlfriend. I have exactly two friends, only one of them IRL.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Except, you know, without all the love for colonialism.
You're such a liar.

OP: I probably embody a fair few Irish stereotypes.

I also really enjoy shoes and buying lots of pretty clothes.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
I'm a good part Japanese and I have drawn some crazzzzzy, mind boggling shat before. Some people here might even know who I am if I said the other name I use, which is why I won't. :)

That said I absolutely despise fish and seafood... so I guess that evens things out?

Klutzz

Hold my beer.
Dec 6, 2010
I live in a little redneck town full of ranchers and cowboys. I use the words "y'all" and "howdy" quite frequently.

Michael Tabbut

May 22, 2013
Stereotypes I perpetuate...in all honesty I can't really think of one...I buy and consume moderate amounts of Doritos and Mountain Dew if that counts (I'm addicted to Voltage).

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Californian stereotype - I'm a tan white guy with a six pack who uses the words "bro" and "dude" a little too often, and who wears designer jeans to pretty much any occasion (I didn't even own a proper suit until less than a year ago, and I didn't own "pants" until I was out of college).

The Goat Tsar

Mar 17, 2010
I Swedish and I'm neutral as fuck. I hate conflict and always take a neutral position so that I can shy away from any arguments. Also most of my furniture is from IKEA, but that's true for most college kids I know anyway. I also love the cold and hate hate HATE the heat.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'm a 32-year old virgin who still lives with his parents.

Yes indeed, they do exist.