Stereotypes you perpetuate

Twintix

Jun 28, 2014
The Goat Tsar said:
I Swedish and I'm neutral as fuck. I hate conflict and always take a neutral position so that I can shy away from any arguments.
The Goat Tsar said:
I also love the cold.
I hear ya'. I'm also Swedish and I perpetrate these. I try to not get into conflicts, and I love winter. Man, even now I look forward to the first snow...

OT: I'm a woman and I love chocolate. I'm also quite emotional and expressive.

That's the only stereotype I can think of related to my gender, though.

Jux

Hmm
Sep 2, 2012
DANGER- MUST SILENCE said:
I am pretty threatened by any cheese that isn't one of the big three: mozzarella, cheddar, or Swiss (mild Emmental to you Europeans for whom "Swiss Cheese" doesn't mean anything.) Put any cheese in front of me that is more than one color and I start looking for a security object.
Amateur turophile here. I know this isn't some high end cheese, but try to find some Drunken Goat man, you'll love it. I could eat a damn wheel of the stuff and die happy.

On topic, I'm from Louisiana and I once wrestled an alligator, no I am not on Swamp People.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
I'm Canadian and I have been described as too nice for my own good. I also tend to apologise a lot and my ou's sound a bit like oo's. I've also been known to overheat in temperatures where most people would be going into reverse puberty.

Harpalyce

Social Justice Cleric
Mar 1, 2012
The big one? "Feminists are all bitter single ugly fat girls!" #stillwant2bpaidthesametholmao #misandry

I also as a southerner have a propensity towards fried foods and definitely use "bless your heart" to mean "fuck you asshole" in true southern belle tradition.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Im British and tea is literally my only fluid intake.

I see im not the only one in this thread, but i doubt any of them have gone for two years drinking it exclusively.

I even tried making porridge with tea once. Once.

And with the amount of sugar i have in it its a mystery to me how i dont have T2 diabetes.

Aetherlblade

Mar 1, 2010
Starbird said:
South African stereotype - I say 'ja' a lot and tend to work hard.

Bald guy stereotype - I rock a mean goatee and will inevitably turn out to be the bad guy at the end of the movie.
How is saying ja a stereo type xD? Unless you are not a Dutch/Afrikaans speaking south afrikan, I guess.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Being Chinese, there are two sterotype that I do lived up two-

1. Being the whole "hard worker" at times especially at work, well it depends how bored. The only time that I actually slack off if I doing the whole tidy up the shopfloor routine but all the stocks are perfect fine and tidy.

2. I sometime value foods above all times like e.g. someone made a a several little horse vs a giant duck in the vs thread and I went with the giant duck cos think of all the meat it will have on it!

maxben

Jun 9, 2010
FriesWithThat said:
I'm Canadian and I have been described as too nice for my own good. I also tend to apologise a lot and my ou's sound a bit like oo's. I've also been known to overheat in temperatures where most people would be going into reverse puberty.
I'm with you! Though I am not Canadian by birth my family immigrated to Toronto when I was quite young and I picked all that up. It makes living back in my home country on the Mediterranean incredibly painful, both in terms of heat and rudeness. As for stereotypes, ones that only Canadians would appreciate I used to drink Tim Horton's coffee at least twice a day in university, and poutine was my go-to comfort food (I was in Quebec then too, so the poutine is just so much better).

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Probably the young white metal head stoner type. Long hair, finger nails, have a hard time finding new music I like, generally pretty cynical, swear a fair amount, although that might be more Australian then anything.

Although I like to think I don't have the anger part of the stereotype and I'm happy with people liking things different from me.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
Silvanus said:
Hrmmm.... I'm British, and I love tea and scones. Scones with cream and jam are absurdly delicious.
this, especially if it's Earl Grey, and the jam must be strawberry. Also my excessive politeness and constant apologizing for as much as breathing slightly more intrusively.

also I use a wheelchair, and as such have a strong upper body and a twisted sense of humour, not sure if that's a stereotype, but I think it is.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
Canadian First Nations (Native American, Métis specifically, Native mother, Greek father) here. I'm overly stoic to the point of being widely considered unapproachable by the standards of the white devil (I jest, you crackers are all right for the most part), dislike physical contact with people I don't know (I don't care how impolite not shaking hands when you meet someone is in your culture, I'm not fucking touching you when I don't even know if I like you yet), have long hair (about 20 inches now, worn in a loose ponytail as opposed to a braid though), drink tea fairly often, and I refer to macaroni & cheese exclusively as Kraft Dinner, regardless of whether it was made by Kraft or not.

I break the other local stereotypes across the board though. I don't consume any narcotics, am a hard worker, am very good at managing money, am generally considered to be above average in intelligence, have a well-developed vocabulary, do not speak like a Cholo, do not dress like a cowboy or a hip-hop/rapper wannabe, am taller then the national average at 5'11" (177cm) in stark contrast to the other shorty Natives around me that have to look up at me when attempting to speak to me, I dislike game meat with the exception of caribou, I'm very liberal, I fucking LOVE science, technology, and progress in general, and I can grow facial hair that doesn't make me look like a pedophile.

I don't know enough about Greek stereotypes to be able to comment on that half of my DNA unfortunately.

DOOM GUY

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Jul 3, 2010
Um... I guess some of the PC gamer stereotypes, like preferring 60fps.

Other than that, I'm not really sure, I don't know what the Portuguese stereotypes are, and other than the general "Asians are smart" stereotype, which, ha, I don't fit, I don't really know any Japanese stereotypes.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Hmmh, I'm an utterly unfeminine lesbian who doesn't shave and is a feminist green-party-supporter?

Which, you know does make me worried over embodying stereotypes. How many times do I have to explain people that I didn't decide to become a lesbian because I hate men? It's 2014, why do I need to explain this shit to people?
Or that I don't want to be a man?

There is also the fact that I don't exactly want to be a woman either but I stay quiet about my gender-identity in real life to keep things simple and not confuse the cishet people.

Because apparently even women being attracted to women is too difficult of a concept to understand to some people...

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
I'm from New Zealand and I use the word **** a lot. Perhaps more than I should.

Then again, perhaps less.

Autumnflame

Sep 18, 2008
What ever we White cis males are being blamed for by the SJW.

since having a voice of our own to defend ourselves is Mysoginist/racist/classist ect

I guess im just evil incarnate for the unfortunate circumstances of my birth.

Perhaps one day people will be judged by the content of their character and not by skin colour/gender/sexuality/minority status.

dragonswarrior

Also a Social Justice Warrior
Feb 13, 2012
I fill nerdy stereotypes pretty handily, and a couple of intellectual ones. Which also means I fill out some of the white male stereotypes, since those have a lot of overlap.

Would prefer staying at home with my books and games to going out. I frequently speak in a somewhat archaic fashion, and often use the "big words". Have read a LOT of books. Get waaaaayyyyy overexcited when I find someone who likes the same things I like. Have a habit of obsessing over things, be they games or books or sometimes tv shows (I had NO IDEA Buffy was this good!!)

I also fulfill some SJW stereotypes. For example, I really want to take Autumnflame to task for his silly post, but I'm managing to hold back. *laughing* Because that would derail the thread. So instead I sneak in this thinly veiled bit of disapproval right here because I can't ACTUALLY let it go because I actually am a raging SJW.

Dornedas

Oct 9, 2014
I'm from Germany and I relly like to gas ... I mean I absolutely hate all these dirty j ...
Ok seriously now.
I really am German. For the stereotypes: I'm an absolute fan of authority. I don't only like it when people tell me what to do, I NEED it.
For Example. When I help you move or we went on a trip or something it's not enough to tell me to unload the car. You NEED to tell me exactly where I should put the stuff. And I mean exactly. It's not enough to say: Bring it in the living room. You have to say: Bring it in the living room and place it on the table. Otherwise I will stand in the living room and look confused.

You will also see me standing at 3 AM in front of a red light on an empty street. Because the law forbids to cross it. And without law everything will fall into chaos.

People also often tell me that I embody the Gamer stereotype.
You know the drill:
22 year old virgin living with his parents and no intention to ever move out . (But my room is on the first floor and not the basement)
Currently wearing my "I beat the sword master" T-shirt.
Can't relly talk to strangers. Even posting on a forum is pretty close to the limit I can do.
Can't stand the sun and get sunburned pretty fast.
Live from Cola and bags of chips. (We don't have Mountain Dew here and I've never seen Doritos either)

On the Other hand though:
I got rid of my nechbeard and am not overweight. Can't impersonate everything perfect.

Edit: I forgot straight white male. How embarrassing.