Steve Jobs' Last Words: Oh wow, Oh wow, Oh wow

Chefodeath

Dec 31, 2009
http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/31/8563382-steve-jobs-final-words-revealed-by-sister

So Steve Jobs' last words have been revealed. As the Apple visionary lay dying, surrounded by friends and family and with that far away look in his eye, he uttered his final sentiments "Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow."

Now given that its halloween, a time of general interest in the dead, and that jobs is newly joined amongst the ranks of the not-alive, I think its only appropriate for us to speculate on what it was that Jobs saw that prompted such an exclamation. Your interpretation can be funny, serious, whatever.

For me, I can only imagine that in his last moments, Jobs had envisioned a new produce that would have completely and utterly revolutionized the way we lived!

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Obviously, it was the name of his sled when he was a child.

Ronarch

May 30, 2011
Marter" post="18.320742.13107923 said:
Obviously, it was the name of his sled when he was a child.[/quote

+1 for the Citizen Kane reference.

He probably thought of an idea for the iPhone 5 but didn't have enough time to write down his idea.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
I bet he saw a glass fruit bowl filled with bright, ripe fruit sitting perfectly on the centre of a hand stitched doily, all on top of a varnished wooden table with a circular top.

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
Ronarch said:
Marter said:
Obviously, it was the name of his sled when he was a child.[/quote

+1 for the Citizen Kane reference.

He probably thought of an idea for the iPhone 5 but didn't have enough time to write down his idea.
"oh wow. Oh wow. OH WOW" ITLL HAVE CANCER DETECTORS ON IT! wait...FUCK IM DEAD!

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
He was actually screaming oh-ow! oh-ow! oh-ow! oh-ow! oh-ow! oh-ow!!!!. Or seriously surprised the pain could be that bad.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Mad Stalin said:
I hope it was uttered in pain and agony, the selfish prick.
I'm sorry, but what the fuck is wrong with you? Did he ever personally hurt you? Did he ever cause someone's death or something?

Holy fuck, show some respect for the dead.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
I am disapointed that he didnt sayed anything epic. He knew that some people would be interested in knowing his last words.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
let me finish it:

"Oh wow oh wow oh wow, i can't believe these morons bought all this crap that i barely added to."

Mad Stalin said:
ok, i rip on dead people a good bit, but i wish no pain or death upon them. seriously dude. not cool.

Mrmac23

Aug 12, 2011
Must have been fascinated by whatever happens when you die.

Mad Stalin said:
...Okay, Dennis Ritchie does deserve more credit than Steve, but calm the fuck down.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Mad Stalin said:
I hope it was uttered in regret and sorrow, the selfish prick.
Fixed that for you.

OT:Hope he didn't hurt TOO much, but on the other hand his products did piss me off a bit. MY iPOD ALWAYS FROZE UP OK?!

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Jegsimmons said:
ok, i rip on dead people a good bit, but i wish no pain or death upon them. seriously dude. not cool.
I'm sorry, but this just really made me laugh. I agree with your sentiment, but the way that you phrased it was really funny to me. =D

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
ZeroMachine said:
Mad Stalin said:
I'm sorry, but what the fuck is wrong with you? Did he ever personally hurt you? Did he ever cause someone's death or something?

Well... the Chinese factories that Apple owned were known as a hotbed for suicide...

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
This might only be remotely related, but it reminds me a bit of a story about Goethe's last words.
Legend is he said "Mehr Licht" (more light), but people suspected he said "Ma liecht hier so unbequem" ("Man liegt hier so unbequen" in proper german", which means something like "It's unconfortable here") in his Frankfurtian birth accent and died in the middle of it.
I'm not sure how people would to know this but I just thought to share this bit of completely useless and questionable trivia with you. You may thank me later.

OrokuSaki

Nov 15, 2010
Chefodeath said:
For me, I can only imagine that in his last moments, Jobs had envisioned a new produce that would have completely and utterly revolutionized the way we lived!
somehow I doubt that Steve Jobs in any way contributes to the world's produce.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
I like to think he realized what a dick he had been all his life, and was genuinely sorry.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Funny how people are telling someone to respect the dead in a thread where we make fun of his dying words.

As for why.

He saw God had an Android.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
ZeroMachine said:
Mad Stalin said:

He was terrible to work with, most of the ideas actually came from Apple, and he never donated to charity (only recently learned this). The creator of Lisp, and the creator C have both passed away in the last month, and they accomplished far more than Steve Jobs. Wozniak was the main brain behind Apple, and he got screwed over by Jobs.

I don't think there's any need to show respect to the dead when they behave like he did.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I like to imagine it was just to mess with the people who where there to see him die. They were probably wondering what great idea he could have had to make him choose those as his last words when really, he just wanted to make them wonder about nothing.