Steve Jobs Movie Rights Snatched Up

Nuke_em_05

Mar 30, 2009
Well, that's cool. I don't think it is too soon, I mean, they pretty much had the written bio done before he died, you know, with his consent and everything.

As far as the movie rights, they're just buying them now, even if they started today, the film itself wouldn't be out for another two years. If they waited to buy the rights for a year or two, the film wouldn't come out until probably five years after he died, and today's society would consider him irrelevant by then, if not completely forgotten.

I'm not going to see it because... meh, but I don't think it is disrespectful.

Also:
Unless maybe he had dyslexia or something.
I see what you did there.

Sep 17, 2009
Greg Tito said:
I would see a movie based on his life just as long as it had a dramatic hook to it. The guy who made good business decisions doesn't seem like that interesting of a main character to me.
How does establishing one of the most influencial companies in computing history, while dying of the deadliest and most painful form of cancer sound for a dramatic hook?

EDIT: I also heard that he was a pretty mean dude, so showing that side of him could be interesting too.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
mad825 said:
Just like with Michael Jackson, once they die they can't stay fucking dead. It's very sad to see people trying to make profit out of the dead not to even mention the recently deceased.
I agree.... Are they making the movies based off of regular jobs, I wonder what being a construction worker is like?

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
I don't see how this is disrespectful, as so many other people seem to be saying.. Can you really point out one thing wrong with this? (Other than it's likely going to be a terrible film)

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Anyway, it seems tacky to scramble for things like movies rights so soon after Steve's death. The body's only just cooled and people are already trying to make a buck off of it. Oh well, what can you do?
Well they gave him a week at least. When Michael Jackson was dead they had already released and sold millions of "best of Michael Jackson on dvd", its as if they had it already made and waited for him to die, oh my i just found a conspiracy!

P.S. cpacha: fobtai decomposing, wtf!

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Covarr said:
Doom972 said:
There's already Pirates of Silicon Valley. It portrays how Microsoft and Apple came to be (and I recommend it to anyone who's interested in this subject), but since it was made before the time Apple let Steve Jobs go
No, it mentions Jobs being fired at the end.

That being said, as soon as this comes out, I will watch Pirates of Silicon Valley instead. Marcus Fenix as Steve Ballmer, doesn't get any better.

P.S. Thanks
That's right. I forgot how it ends.

You just blew my mind. I never realized it was John DiMaggio (aka Bender). Now I have to see it again.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
Why do I get the feeling that this movie is going to pave over the little things such as Jobs' bastard child, stealing the concept of a mouse and visual monitor from Xerox, screwing over Wozniak, and treating all his employees in the early days of Apple like shit?

Centrophy

Dec 24, 2009
Ah, the vultures are already circling. It's always nice to have my views on humanity reaffirmed by stuff like this and the MJ "Final Live Performance" movie.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
koroem said:
So is the movie going to include him denying paternity of his child for 2 years of her life, claiming he was sterile then going on to have 3 kids later on in life?

Is it going to include him being an absolute jack ass tyrant to anyone who worked for him? You know, that place that also has a internal task force dedicated to ensuring secrecy and destroying anyone who gets in the way? How Steve jobs has no issues buying off police and raiding suspected journalists houses for evidence of his products?

Is it going to include any mentions of the propaganda filled illegal workforce factories at Foxconn with near inhumane living accommodations and laughable pay that Apple has tried to cover up for years? You know that place where suicide has been a better option than working for the families with workers there?

Is it going to include anything about Jobs and Apples completely un-American beliefs and actions toward free speech and free market place? You know, cause Apple tries it's hardest to control the "App" market and ensure complete censorship to their liking. Funny how hypocritical it all is considering they used to mock and accuse other industry leaders of the same thing...

Lets not forget how Jobs and Apple seem to think it's a swell thing to sue anyone and everyone who even looks at Apple or intends to release a competing product. If you can't beat them, sue them right?

Steve Jobs and Apple should not be idolized. They are a huge step backwards for freedom and human rights. The sheep out there can't see this, and won't admit it though. They will just keep following blindly and ignore facts. Then I'll be flamed for pointing out truth.
Don't forget about ripping off thousands of people with overpriced PCs that have to be REPLACED ENTIRELY if you want to upgrade them. Basically a very, very, very, VERY expensive console without any advantages.

Maybe except that you can say "oh, I've got an Apple, and you're poor and Irish".

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
If it were written by Aaron Sorkin, it can;t end with the main character starring into space with a catchy song in thee background. He did this in moneyball and social network.