"Still Alive" Choir Says Thank You to The Escapist

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
"Still Alive" Choir Says Thank You to The Escapist

The Gifford Children's Choir, which made a splash in March with its rendition of Jonathan Coulton's "Still Alive," has filmed a brand-new video to thank the readers of The Escapist for helping to make it so popular.

Near the end of March, the Gifford Children's Choir, made up of kids in grades 3 to 5, put out an incredibly cool version of "Portal [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99500-Childrens-Choir-Sings-Still-Alive]. The video became a massive internet hit and brought international recognition to the choir, thanks in no small part to the readers of The Escapist, who were among the first to see it and spread the word.

"I would like to ask for your help in getting our thank-you video out to The Escapist viewers," Choir Director Jack Senzig wrote in a private message he sent yesterday. "As a result of the buzz that you and others generated for us we not only got 500,000 hits on our video but we got an offer to audition for a TV series. The kids have been floating around school ever since."

To express their gratitude, the kids recorded the brand-new and much higher quality version of the video that was promised after the first one went big, with a few new bits tossed in. The new video can be seen here [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ll3ayC8FA0] and, having had a sneak preview of it myself, I have to say that it's one of the coolest tributes to the people of The Escapist I've ever run across.

So thank you, kids, from all of us, and best wishes for the future. To learn more about the Gifford Children's Choir or check out some of their other videos, head over to giffordchoir.wordpress.com [http://giffordchoir.wordpress.com].

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Yay, recognition for our lovely 'little' community.
Ahhh, I remember when I watched that vid by them...
Now, time to watch the new one...

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I just got rick-roll'd by a couple of third graders...

AND IT WAS ADORABLE!

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Wow.....Those crafty thrid graders! THEY PROMISED ME CAKE AND GAVE ME RICK ASTLEY!

OT: I got to admit. Although I hate getting rick-rolled, I couldn't help, but smile as the kid in the trench-coat sang. You're welcome kids!

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
damn kids, back in my days we respected the internet.

and we had to walk 50 miles in snow just to steal some decent wifi.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
No Problem kids! Always doing our bit to finding talent on the internet!

Calumon: I wouldn't mind meeting them!

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
I just got rick rolled escapist.... RICK ROLLED!!!! and I thought we were freinds.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Awhhh! These kids are so cute! It's so nice that they'd thank us.

*watches video*

F*** YOU LITTLE BRATS!!!

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Very much super ultra awesome fun time! I hope these kids eventually get a chance to play the games they've sung about so they better understand how truly amazing they are.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
So instead of math and science, these kids are learning choir and internet memes? Finally our education system gets one right.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
zombie711 said:
I just got rick rolled escapist.... RICK ROLLED!!!! and I thought we were freinds.
LMAO!!!!!!!

I blame Ben Crosaw Yathzee ( spelling? ) This was HIS DOING!!!!

I had a great time reading this article and clicking links and laughing. Well done!!!

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
PFFFFFFTTTT rickrolling is so 2007. That's like 30 in internet years.