Still no news on DMC5....

King Kupofried

Jan 19, 2010
After Devil May Cry 4 utterly failed in practically every area that made the DMC series fun I am perfectly willing to accept that it is dead, if just to spare myself from every having to see Nero again.

Now excuse me while I go cling to DMC3 and cry in a corner. D:

Save us.A7X

Apr 15, 2009
Legion IV said:
Save us.A7X said:
I doubt there'll be a DMC 5 tbh, the story of 4 was meh at best and gameplay-wise it's been bettered by the likes of God of War. If they do make a 5th game though, Dante needs to be the main character, asides from the power glove attacks, Nero was lame..
God of wars gameplay is complete trash. Devil may cry basicly invented the gener and perfected it. it requires timing stratigy and creativity. God of war is just use that whirlwind attack or a few other attacks to pretty much blow through 90% of the encounters and then for the bosses well there easy enough..
Wow, you really don't know how to deal with people not having the same opinion as you do you? Alot of people prefer God of War to Devil May Cry, I suggest you get over it. Now to again add to the topic, if they did make a DMC 5 I'd also like to see a return of some of the old bosses, Phantom was awesome and I'm sure they could think of a way to bring Vergil/Nelo Angelo back.

StarofAzura

Lady Nerevarine
Mar 22, 2010
Actually, my feelings on the subject is I LOVE THIS SERIES, PLEASE LET IT DIE.

The last one was...well, it had good parts, but it was not good on the whole. And with the talk Capcom's been doing about being more willing to outsource their established IPs to the west in order to focus on new IPs...well, I'd rather they didn't make another.

EDIT: If they make 5, and Nero is in it, I will shoot someone.

EDIT II: I wrote about it here: http://emilypritchard.com/?p=281

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
poiumty said:
I don't think you relize just how great these games are.
I think it's the other way around.
it requires timing stratigy and creativity.
Or a belkin n52 and lots of macros.

Still, why not. It was always a good fun game with nice gameplay. I do hope it gets ported to PC though.
I swear I saw the fourth one on Steam...

Anyway I didn't like the 4th one but that doesn't mean I won't welcome a 5th one.

Totenkopf

Mar 2, 2010
I want Devil May Cry 5 to surpass Bayonetta, else I won't have much fun with it after the decline of the fourth. DMC 4 was a fun game, but not as good as the third.

Kyuubi Fanatic

Insane Fanboy
Feb 22, 2010
scnj said:
I don't see the point now. The series feels dated by now, with the same sort of thing done better by games like God of War and Darksiders.
No. God of War stands on its own as a different form of hack and slasher more about epic battles, while DMC is more about finesse and eloquent combat; without it you'll just get creamed. And don't even dare compare DMC to Darksiders, game's just a GoW wannabe who ripped off Zelda too much.

If one wants to say DMC is outdated you need only to look at Bayonetta. As a hardcore DMC fan myself I can say without prejudice that Bayonetta is DMC with the one liners, T&A, and stylish combat jacked into Thor powered overdrive, with none of those annoying fixed cameras looking anywhere but where I want to go and the combat is actually fluid and can vary quite nicely.

DMC's biggest strength and flaw has always been its fighting; skill will get you everywhere and a lack of it will destroy you, but the fighting always seemed robotic and stiff. Bayonetta is what DMC should be and since they're made by the same team for the most part, they have no excuse not to make DMC5 as awesome as Bayonetta.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
After DMC4 I'm not sure I want capcom making a DMC5...it would just end up some horrible pre-teen agnst riddled story...you know what would be great though? Demons sacrifice Nero to summon Virgil's lost spirit to take over the underworld. THat would be a new and sweet Dante v Virgil adventure

Edit: I think I just realized that the awesomeness of the DMC game has a direct correlation to how often Virgil shows up.

Legion IV

Mar 30, 2010
Well dmc4 actually is the highest selling game in the devil may cry series so it should be made. The team wants to make it badley i remember reading but its all up to capcom. I guess we have to wait for E3 in like a month. This is gonna be a scary month. If companies continue to ignore masterpeices i should just stick with my ps2 with a selection of next gen games.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
... really? Hmm... basically, DMC4 made money and is a heavily established IP. There will be a five unless Capcom goes under. Don't make threads like these.

StarofAzura

Lady Nerevarine
Mar 22, 2010
Legion IV said:
Well dmc4 actually is the highest selling game in the devil may cry series so it should be made. The team wants to make it badley i remember reading but its all up to capcom. I guess we have to wait for E3 in like a month. This is gonna be a scary month. If companies continue to ignore masterpeices i should just stick with my ps2 with a selection of next gen games.
That doesn't change the fact that people bought it, played it, and then went WTF IS THIS SHIT when they had to fight all the bosses THREE. FUCKING. TIMES.

It was high-selling because DMC3 was good. It was more than good. It was really fucking great. But now people are going to be skeptical about buying a new DMC game because the last game was not good. So "DMC4 sold really well" is not a good reason to release a 5th game.

K84

Feb 15, 2010
I liked 4, for what it was.
I'm a DMC wh*re.
So a DMC 5 would be welcome in my book.
Heck, i was even happy about the possible PSP port from DMC 1.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Legion IV said:
scnj said:
I don't see the point now. The series feels dated by now, with the same sort of thing done better by games like God of War and Darksiders.
If you mean dated as in the games hard and games shouldnt be anymore then i see your point. God of war the enemies in it basicly wait for you to destroy them (wich is incredibly easy) and stupid quik time events and button mashing. Then darksiders is even worse. What you just said had to one of the crazyiest things i've seen somone say. No offence though am sure your a great guy but the gamer side of you am not liking to much.. lol
To be honest, I really don't like hack and slash gameplay. I only play them because I really like the storylines. God of War had the Greek Mythology going for it, and Darksiders was just plain badass. Devil May Cry was great for 1 and 3, but it really felt like they were grasping at straws for 4.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
StarofAzura said:
Legion IV said:
That doesn't change the fact that people bought it, played it, and then went WTF IS THIS SHIT when they had to fight all the bosses THREE. FUCKING. TIMES.

It was high-selling because DMC3 was good. It was more than good. It was really fucking great. But now people are going to be skeptical about buying a new DMC game because the last game was not good. So "DMC4 sold really well" is not a good reason to release a 5th game.
Dude, you fought each boss twice, with 2 different characters. It was in the original you faced them all 3 times. People didn't mind doing that back at the start of the series, I doubt it bothered them in 4 either.

And seeing as how poorly 2 sold and yet still they made 2 more, I think a 5th is more than likely. I mean this IS Capcom we're talking about; what games series HAVEN'T they made 16 billion sequels for??

StarofAzura

Lady Nerevarine
Mar 22, 2010
Hawk of Battle said:
StarofAzura said:
Legion IV said:

Dude, you fought each boss twice, with 2 different characters. It was in the original you faced them all 3 times. People didn't mind doing that back at the start of the series, I doubt it bothered them in 4 either.

And seeing as how poorly 2 sold and yet still they made 2 more, I think a 5th is more than likely. I mean this IS Capcom we're talking about; what games series HAVEN'T they made 16 billion sequels for??
You have to fight all of them again in that annoying minigame with the spiky dice at the end.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
StarofAzura said:
Hawk of Battle said:
StarofAzura said:
Legion IV said:

You have to fight all of them again in that annoying minigame with the spiky dice at the end.
My point stands.