Stolen Pixels #124: Heeeere's BREEN!

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Decent comic, but as a follower of both Stolen Pixels and Experienced Points, I can't help but feel like I've already read it before. :/

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
I like it. This was my first time reading one of these.

CantFaketheFunk said:
I still think the whole LAN thing is being blown way out of proportion, myself.
Funny you should say that - I was going to send you an IM detailing a little problem I have. It seems those of us in the military that can only play games with each other via LAN are one of the groups most affected. I just returned from 3 months at sea, and let me tell you - PC games are great to pass the time with. We don't have enough space on the ship for everyone to have a 360/PS3 or even a TV hooked up, so a lot of people bring their laptop. There's no internet to be had for our personal computers though.

If it's not bad enough that developers might start eliminating LAN play, we also have to deal with the "internet activation" that so many games employ. If I don't install a game and patch it up before a long underway, I'm out of luck.

I wish I could get the word out to more people rather than just on a forum post. I don't think a lot of developers (or, even other people) consider our situation that significant.

Thanatos34

Mar 31, 2009
Future Hero said:
Well, Blizzard's fanboys will buy Starcraft 2 whatever it will/won't have.

So you should be grateful LAN is all they're not putting in.
If I were them, I would just axe the Terrans and say 2 races make a much more balanced game.

Or better yet, why not axe the Terrans and introduce a new, original, non-Space-Marine rip-off, race althogether?

But there I am, dreaming again.....
Err what? Am I just totally overlooking something here, or are you actually trying to say that the Terran race was a ripoff of the DoW Space Marine race?

sidhe3141

Jun 12, 2008
Aardvark said:
I've been tossing around the idea of a voice-recognition system on mobile phones to send text messages, then a synthesiser to read them out to you when you receive them. Then remove the actual call function of the phone. There'll be enough idiots to market this to and I can see the phone companies getting behind this 100%.
Hey, it means no more yelling "What?" five or six times into the thing when your reception goes all staticy.