Stolen Pixels #140: The Circle of Ammunition

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
stranamente said:
There are many guns that aren't that good, imprecise sniper rifles, 2 shots only pistols, and so on.
But you can always keep 'em only to sell it later. And there is always THAT weapon that is so good you wish you could sleep with.
If all the weapons were good nobody would sell anything ever.
In this way you know what to keep and what to sell, I think...
I had a elemental fire revolver that only had a 2 shot cylinder,but it was more powerful than the 6 shot revolver I traded to a friend.
Cant wait until I get my 360 back.

That one line about one weapon thats so good you wish you could sleep with..reminds me of Full Metal Jacket.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Not to mention the fact that there seem to be ammo-delivering mailmen roaming around, filling everybody's mailboxes with bullets. Thanks, this made me laugh!

4RT1LL3RY

Oct 31, 2008
I have a 2 shot revolver that shoots shotgun shells. So it does 150x7 dmg, but its accuracy is kind of low 73%. Its like a really nice shotgun. Hellfire SMGs, awesome guns, everything will burn, unless it is naturally on fire. Elemental damage stacks so the siren just feels so over powered to me.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Wow, this could actually fit in an episode of National Geographic Explorer. This is all the more funny to me since two nights ago I watched streaming of a Borderlands game and one of the players asked that, "Why do you find ammo in a crapper?" I would think the reservoir would be a better place.
This also reminds me of a Left 4 Dead map, Night Terror, where one saferoom has a bathroom where the health packs are kept. Lo and behold one is sitting in the bowl. And do any of the bots get that one? No.(Sometimes I think they are smarter than they act) If I am late to the party I get to pick that one up. (And if you have played Night Terror you know you will be needing that health pack.)

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I don't think those are supposed to be toilets so much as they are toilets retrofitted into chests. Granted, they hardly need much excuse - it seems like every mailbox in that game either has ammo or a wad of cash in it. Kick over a rock and you find somebody's rainy day fund. No wonder greedy people from all over the universe are attracted to Pandora.

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
Well, this makes perfect sense. Maybe you can also explain how necromorphs in Dead Space get ammo they drop, when they're made of bodies with no ammo in possession? You know, the black ones.

TheSeventhLoneWolf

Mar 1, 2009
oppp7 said:
Are bullets scarce? Whenever I see gameplay videos everyone seems to not shoot until they're certain they can get a headshot.
I litterably drown in ammo for the guns i don't use, anything other than that i just buy from the vendors. 2 shot kill revolver at the moment.

Hyperactiveman

Oct 26, 2008
So I guess they found a cure for lead poisoning indigestion on this crazy ass planet... So it's still counts as a kill if you shoot a guy in the gob then?

Good comic I guess... Even though logic don't mean crap in games... literally.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
You think shitting bullets is odd?

How about big birds that eat rockets. THAT'S messed, or even a 1 ups man ship, I've seen rockets in toilets.

Travdelosmuertos said:
stranamente said:
There are many guns that aren't that good, imprecise sniper rifles, 2 shots only pistols, and so on.
But you can always keep 'em only to sell it later. And there is always THAT weapon that is so good you wish you could sleep with.
If all the weapons were good nobody would sell anything ever.
In this way you know what to keep and what to sell, I think...
The two-shot revolvers (Vitriolic Justice in particular) have been my favorite. They hit harder than anything else in the game. They seem made just for us gunslinger hunters, too, with our improved reload times and our headshot perks (2 shells in one magazine really emphasizes precision). Also, you have to take into account that a weapon of lesser quality manufacture is in fact going to be imprecise.
I'm a solider, and thus have the "Over clip something" perk, so my 2 shot revolver actually has 4 shots. Oh and each shot does 609 dammage. As each shot actually fires 7 bullets that each do 87 dammage (but only counts as 1 bullet ammo wise). Think about a shotgun that you can snipe with and has a +10 ammo regen, and you got the picture :D

SilverZ

May 13, 2009
bullets are like candies. you can find them on the discount isle of the toidey store after some guy takes a shit in a toidey there

lvl9000_woot

Oct 30, 2009
You'd think people wouldn't need the guns if they pooed the ammo -- all they'd have to do is bend over and "fire away" :p

AddytheGreat

May 25, 2009
I did wonder why there was always ammo in the toilets, or even the fridge. Who keeps ammo in fridge? Anywho, good comic.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Lol, old thread but reminded of WoW grizzly hill quest at the inn. You eat some delicious seeds from a bucket that happened to be magic seeds.
Innkeeper gives you some laxatives to purge the seeds from your system, you run to the toilet, you purge the seeds and have to retrieve them from the toilet and wash them and in the end you return to the inkeeper that asks the assistant to bring back the bucket and place the seeds there cause ANOTHER ONE had tried to eat them!!

After that I had to run to the toilet in real life.