Stolen Pixels #163: The Luminous Master

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
Shamus? Shamus?! SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSS! /solid snake reference

_Nocturnal

Nov 4, 2006
Ah, yes.
Someday soon they'll make the Lumines MMO and all human reproduction will cease.

By the way, for a similar experiment in mixing sound with gameplay and visuals try Everyday Shooter.
Also cheap, also available on Steam, not quite as addictive, but definitely something to be experienced.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
OMG I LOVE LUMINES!! Ahem. I first got Lumines on PSP, and loved it so much I had to go and buy it on XBox 360. Unfortunately, I prefer to use the D-pad than the stick, and the 360's D-pad is made of useless. I just recently bought it over the Playstation Store and am now cruising through the trophies. I also have it on my phone, but they made it shit by adding weird bonus block and decided to add an extra colour as well. Totally blech.

Love the fact you took the time to make a comic about it Shamus. :)

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
I had a similar problem, but instead with E4. Fortunately I sought the necessary help by looking at the score of one of my friends. He had twice as many points, and that was all I needed to know I was done.

Best of luck in overcoming your addiction (assuming that little space-headed minion can help it).

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Heh heh heh... I loves me a good puzzle game and you, sir, make this one sound like a godsend. You bet your ass I'm gonna be playing this one as soon as I gets me a reliable computer and a Steam account.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I might be the only person who really didn't like lumines. I played the demo and I actually kind of hated it. I'll stick with tetris, thanks.

Killerbunny001

Oct 23, 2008
Very funny comic, great job as usual.

I had this problem a while back with a few puzzle games. Their the fucking hipnotoad of our age.
All glory to them!

rizo536

Dec 10, 2008
My last phone had Lumines on it. OHGODALLTHOSEHOURSWASTED.

But that's okay. It's not on my current phone. Instead, I have Tetris.

...wait.

NickRowan

Jan 5, 2010
I had a PSP with Lumines on it once. I say "had" because my girlfriend has hijacked it. She plays it non-stop for HOURS. One game of hers can last around 2 hours.

Raptoricus

Jan 13, 2009
Ahhh I love lumines, I feel for you shamus! It's one of those games where in arcade mode, you either give up, or don't lose, a horrible combination, yet so addictive :|.

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
I don't mind casual puzzle games but I don't play puzzle games which require luck (aka puzzle games with random CUE NEXT puzzle piece)

TheSeventhLoneWolf

Mar 1, 2009
Mrsnugglesworth said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Shaaaaaammmmuuuuuussssssss!

OT: A good game, I assume?
Shamus, Shamus respond! Shamus? Shamuuuuuuuuuuuuus!

Don't worry, when you die there's always the retry button. But hey. What is that game 'bout anyway? Sounds addictive.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I got this game on the steam deal as well, but didn't really like it very much. Is the music supposed to match what you do? Mine just kind of jumbles around and cuts all the time, I don't understand it.

dagbrown

Jan 28, 2010
For all of the horrible, horrible, terrible absolutely bad music there is in Lumines, I am glad that it introduced me to the sublime Eri Nobuchika. Just that alone makes up for all of the strange noises that game made at me while I was playing it.

(Oh, the very last song that plays in Challenge Mode before it loops? That really beautiful song in Japanese? That's Eri Nobuchika. Her second album, Hands, released years and years later, was one of the best albums of 2009.)

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Thirst is a sign of weakness. Get back in there and delete thost bricks you pansie!

*goes to look for his PSP1000, charger, and Lumines 2 UMD*

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Tiamat666 said:
I have no sympathy for you.

*click*

I hate casual games.

*click* *click*

And people who play those silly puzzle games

*click*

are retarded.

*click* *click*

Complete waste of time.

*click*

AAAAAAAAAAARGH, GOD DAMN I KNEW THERE WOULD BE A MINE THERE
And yet, you just had to press that spot to know that you knew what was there. I feel your pain.

The Infinite

Mar 30, 2009
Wow, now that's a high score. Must be on Advanced? Best I managed after playing roughly 2 and a half hours straight was 1.3 million on the normal difficultly. Anyways always and enjoyable read and glad you made it to the next week without dying of dehydration.