Stolen Pixels #178: After Curfew, Episode 7

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
The "Have them shot" line was pure gold, truly funny! I really like these Breen comics, keep it up!

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
Shamus Young said:
Souplex said:
Enough with this after curfew nonsense, your other stuff is insightful and entertaining. This is not.
Okay, I'll ignore the previous 17 people who said they enjoyed the comic and make every strip just to please you. Because you're such a nice person and your feedback is so constructive. The next comic will definitely NOT be After Curfew.

Thanks for being a fan!
Yay for snarky comebacks!

It seems that there's been a lot of embarrassment in the gaming media lately; even if a lot of it can be down to individual interpretation, that doesn't change the fact that they're pretty big disasters as far as PR goes.

At least they can (somewhat) take solace in the fact that Ubisoft is currently king of the hill as far as epic failures go. Yeah, I know 'epic failure' is really overused, but that's the best thing I can think of to describe it.

Looking at that MW2 video you linked, however, gives me another reason to be glad I never got the game. Admittedly there's a lot of douche-bags online anyway, but they just seem drawn to pseudo-realistic or really hyped-up FPSes.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Shamus Young said:
Souplex said:
Enough with this after curfew nonsense, your other stuff is insightful and entertaining. This is not.
Okay, I'll ignore the previous 17 people who said they enjoyed the comic and make every strip just to please you. Because you're such a nice person and your feedback is so constructive. The next comic will definitely NOT be After Curfew.

Thanks for being a fan!
HA! Shamus you kick arse :D

Also, please keep doing these, or bring back Left 4 Dumb! We need more of The Reaper!

Or... Don't! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sifESist1KY]

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
Chipperz said:
Also, please keep doing these, or bring back Left 4 Dumb!
Or perhaps Left 4 Dumb 2? The new characters present new opportunities for tearing the established characters away and replacing them with much funnier ones for everyone's amusement.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
I laughed. Which is more than things have made me do recently.

Did he really say that? If so, I must go and cry somewhere.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Y'see, Shamus, this is what you said:

Shamus Young said:
"To the Activision shareholders: Why do you continue to spend millions of dollars employing this clown? Is this really the best guy you can find for that money? Isn't there someone else out there that could do this job without cultivating so much ill will and expensive litigation?"
But here's what the shareholders hear:

Shamus Young said:
"Blah blah blah blah blah blah HIGHER STOCK PRICES blah blah blah blarghity warghity hurr durr blah blah DIVIDENDS HEUG LIEK X-BOX wraggly scraggly blah blah blah ipsy foozle whee TAKE ALL TEH GAMURZ' MONIEZ blortz."
Stockholders these days see companies as money spigots and customers as a faceless mass to be plumbed for even more cash. If they cared anything for Activision's public image they'd have dropped Kotlick like the surprise turd sandwich that he is.

[small]I think that's the first time I've used the word "turd" since 1988. Should I feel pride or shame? Right now I think I'm feeling both.[/small]

M4rsch

Feb 21, 2009
Ah... come the day when gaming indurstry starts being serious, programmers and managers alike. Oh wait... we don't want any of that, do we? Where'd be the fun?

President of Ubisoft got a spluttering laugh outta me.

Good to see some After Curfew. Don't bring Gordon Freimann on though. He's a mute. Why'd anyone invite HIM to a talkshow?

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
That kid was impressive. I actually laughed at "I fucked your grandma so hard she flew out the fucking window". Like, annoying, up himself ("up-himself"? I dunno) impressive.
This links me to my awesome setup ("set up"? "set-up"? GODDAMMOT)- My iPod is plugged into the computer, its headphones into my ears, with the bigger, computer headphones wrapped around them. I'm listening to "To Build a Home"- with The Cinematic Orchestra and whatnot- and when I want to listen to something on the computer, I just pause my music. 'Tis awesome.