Stolen Pixels #179: Breen Interviews Chell

man-man

Jan 21, 2008
my_ledge_ends said:
Did they REALLY need to patch the ending? They could have merely plopped the continued ending into the intro for Portal 2.
This way they get to tease the fans with little bits of info about Portal 2, thus starting the hype-ball rolling. I wish tactics so transparent weren't working on me, 'cause now I really want Portal 2.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I hear Dr. Breen go, 'Oh...Shit' and realize his track record so far versus silent protagonists.
Sorry I missed this one the first time around. The Escapist's front page is getting crowded!

hellsop

Feb 28, 2009
To a large extent, I don't think revising the original Portal ending was necessary. GLADoS seems a little... ambiguous on the whole concept of individuality with regard to test subjects. They're all vat-grown. The insults and threats all seem selected to *statistically* get reactions but without much regard for personal case. ANY human would be "you killed me", in the same way that "you were abandoned by your parents" (remember the vats?) or "you're fat", regardless of the actuality of the situation. Chells are all plentiful, replaceable, interchangeable, and all GLADoS's personal nemesis.