Stolen Pixels #192: Max Blame, Part 3

Giftmacher

Jul 22, 2008
Good point about the investors/corporate overlords who often don't seem to think games are art. Then again, I wouldn't expect them too really, it's sad projects become hostages to fortune but rather inevitable.

Gift.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Damn business men, trying to run game companies like a business!

How dare they!
It wouldn't be so bad if corporate business didn't have a way of poisoning everything it touches.

Not that a gaming company would really be capable of rivaling Monsanto levels of evil.

heyheysg

Jul 13, 2009
Who's next?

Will Wright, Sid Meier, Gabe Newell, Hideo Kojima.

or maybe

SHIGERU MIYAMOTO...?!

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Panel 3 is great. Was reading it when I was cleaning my nose. In short, it's not a smart thing to do.

Feb 13, 2008
newbienator said:
Man that Bobby picture creeps me out, has anyone done a Joker version of that yet?
Like you'd need to. Kotick is at his scariest without any 'shopping. Especially if you're his "friend".

Rauten

Capitalism ho!
Apr 4, 2010
Loving these Max Payne comics. Absolutely lovin' them.

Also, Gabe Newell? Nah, VALVe is one of the good guys. And instead of Miyamoto, I think it should be Iwata.

ahiddenfigure

Hunter of Monsters
Sep 14, 2009
Maybe this is just me, but why does Max, especially in the 5th panel, remind me so much of Josh Duhamel [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Duhamel]? The likeness is crazy!

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I'm really loving these, Shamus :)
Maybe it's because I'm reading everything in Max Payne's voice lol.

AquaAscension

Sep 29, 2009
So one more person to check out in the gaming world. My money is on whoever runs Valve since they seem to make pretty good games... whether or not those games are art though... my inner primate says yes whilst killing zombies yet my higher brain functions say no.

However, the epic saga of Gordon Freeman was something of a piece of art.

I mean, like all great works of art (especially writing, specifically poetry) the phrase that rings most true is "one only ever abandons instead of finishes them". Paraphrased of course, but it does seem fitting for Freeman's story.

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
psrdirector said:
so your making fun of a guy for letting people go in order to protect alot more people from loseing there job by the company going under. Do you not understand that layoffs happen when a company starts losing money, or are you just stupid?
1. Learn English before you call people "stupid".
2. Learn the difference between things said by fictional characters in a comic and the position held by the comic author.
3. Learn to disagree without acting like an ass.

Work on these things, then come back and see me and we can have a grownup conversation. You can do it!